Frustrated & going nuts

Mareka
Pathfinder
155 1 18

Hi,

I have always wanted to own my own ecommerce business & discovered dropshipping. My store is a niche store www.treasureknot.com. I started building the store way back in March this year with a very very limited budget & no computer technical experience whatsoever. I have watched & read a zillion tutorials about everything related to dropshipping, Google, Shopify etc. I still don't get what javascript is ! So I finally launched a couple of months ago. I had a month long sale during October. Set up everything Google, Facebook, & Instagram didn't approve me. I have had issue after issue with Oberlo, Google, Facebook & various apps I have added. Getting any sort of proper support from any of them is a nightmare. I still have issues with Google Search Console, Oberlo auto-updates & Facebook product tagging. I have done 2 Facebook ads & got 1 sale. I have just set up 2 Google ads which started running today. I honestly don't really know what I am doing most of the time but I am determined. 

So after my little intro, can someone please take a peek at my store & offer any feedback. Over the next few months I will be adding more products but I am wanting sort out all the frustrating issues first. With regards to my store speed, I have used Shopify Analyzer & got an A for both mobile & desktop. Thankyou for reading.

Mareka.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
765 95 247

Hey @Mareka,

First off, great job on what you've done so far. Your undertaking of learning all this on your own is commendable. Sorry to hear it's been such a frustrating process but good for you for pushing through.

We did a video on using Oberlo & Shopify for drop shipping just recently, take a look, perhaps you will find something in the video that will resolve your issue.

The other thing, especially with drop shipping, is taking time to work on your website SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience, we also walk you through how to submit your website to Google. This will will make your advertising dollars count if you are able to better specify who your target audience is.

Lastly, if you are using Oberlo & Shopify, one big issue is the shipping time. If you want to have happy customers that leave positive reviews, you don't want their packages showing up several weeks or months later. We have a video coming out soon on alternatives, if you want to be notified when we post, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!