Gaining traction without use of ads

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

THC Haus launched in July 2020. Started out with a few items. It was a pretty rough start so we closed up shop for a bit. We weren't happy with the quality of our items and needed to get back to the drawing board. The last few months have been spent making connections with people in our niche market. Instagram/friends. Are there other routes anyone can suggest? 

We felt we got some good feedback from our re-launch yesterday. Had the most store sessions ever (UNDER 80) Gained some followers on IG. Two people contacted  us about sizes "out of stock" We made a mistake on inventory fixed it right away and told them it's good to go. They didn't reply back. So good chance we lost 2 sales.

We will have some more pictures of people wearing our product trickling in over the next few days. These photos will used as Instagram posts and product pics for the website. Would love to get some unbias opinions! What else can we do for Instagram posts besides product pics? Posting fun facts/meme? Anything that stands out to anyone? Thanks for reading! 

thchaus.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
387 40 129

Hi @THCHaus

I've seen your site and have some comments for you.

1. At first, I want to talk about the design of your homepage because it lacks quite many sections. Here is the layout that maybe you want to follow:

- Banners (or slideshows) with your messages and CTA buttons 

- Collections 

- Featured products. You can consider adding Quickview or Quickshop buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.  

- About Us (but short)

- Instagram gallery. I've seen your Instagram account, and it has a lot of content and many product photos. So you can think about having an Instagram gallery to show the content. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one with ease and also make it shoppable.  

2. Now turning to your product pages, you should add:

- Sticky Add to Car bar

- The Size chart

- Upsell and Cross-sell methods 

- Detailed description 

3. You can consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your friends. 

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that. Also, you can send abandoned cart messages to your customers. 

4. The About Us page should be upgraded. The more inspirational story should be placed there.

And one more small detail, the product images should have the same size. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
710 16 199

Hi @THCHaus !

I highly recommend changing the theme store - now your theme does not look professional and eye-appealing.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @THCHaus,

A great way to get traffic to your store organically is spending some time on your SEO. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. This comes down to your SEO, you are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic.

When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

thc-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. Naming your product "Black Trucker Hat" is too broad and will be very difficult to rank in search for. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

The other way to get traffic without the use of ads is through social media. Get on the platforms where your target audience spends their time. For your niche, it's likely TikTok. Find other people who do something similar to you and check out what their most popular videos are to get inspiration for your content.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Best of luck!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes