Get more sales

I've had a low budget with Google Ads, Facebook and Pinterest. Also 80% of web traffic is generic, so I get around 370 to 500 vistors a day but no sales. I've noticed tons of add to cart but no checkout. I've run tests and made sure the checkout process works and it does. I'm even offering 12% off everything plus free shipping as well. I would like some feed back on what I can do to improve my store and get sales everyday. 

My website address is 

RoosterAntiques.net

Steven Jones
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @Rooster21,

You've identified a piece of your problem on your own - "web traffic is generic". Having high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience). There could also be other factors as well- something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:

As for your store, I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions. First, your homepage banner. I would recommend tweaking the text a little. This area is prime real estate for selling so if you can "speak your customers language" by identifying their problem and offering a solution, it will help with sales.

rooster-banner.png

You sell vintage antiques & home décor and as I'm scrolling, that is what I'm seeing, which is great and then I get about 1/3 of the way down and I see this:

rooser-laptop.png

In addition to the laptop and Bluetooth speakers you also have patio furniture on there. It seems so out of place with the rest of your offers which to me as a first time visitor sets off a red flag. As I go deeper into your store and click on various links, the items are no longer that of an antique or vintage nature and the items are all very disconnected. You have yard stakes, bedding, vintage glass, pet supplies, electronics and etc. All of which are very disconnected from what is written on your "Who We Are".

rooster-about.png

Having a wide range of products like this is going to make advertising a nightmare because you do not have a target audience in mind. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. I'm going to leave this video here for you to watch:

I also recommend checking out our dropshipping playlist. Two of the key videos I recommend watching are the one on Winning Products and the Dropshipping with No Sales video. All free, no course necessary.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2822 176 474

Dear @Rooster21 

Try retargeting ads for add to cart and website traffic audiance.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @Rooster21, I hope you are doing well! I am looking at your website on the desktop. Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing. Here are some inputs from my side:

- Banner image should be more attractive and the image must be optimized. 

- You need to improve the layout of the product page. The image should be on the left side and all other descriptions and call to action should be on the right side.

Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes