Getting 120 sessions/day but only 1 sale.

anewi
2 0 0

I've been getting 120 sessions per day but only 1 sale. A lot of the time people will abandon their carts. Any ideas on how to get more traffic and turn those into more sales?

Thanks

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
862 21 246

Hi @anewi !

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

8. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  9. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
  10. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  11. For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here

Hi @anewi

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly #1 Shopify Page Builder. First of all, congratz that you have got a certain number of sessions daily. The next step is to convert them into sales, and deal with abandoned cart. As a result, cart page is important. I suggest you the following to improve your cart page: 

1. Allow the users to edit cart directly at the review cart step: 

For now, you only allow your customers to update the quantity of products at the review step. What if the customers also want to update their phone model and phone case color? They have to go back to the product page and run the whole buying process once again, which is time-consuming and frustrates them, leading to an abandoned cart. Thus, I suggest you add an edit button, which will pop up a page overlay so customers can edit their cart details right away. 

Screenshot_3.png

2. Show "Delivery Date" for shipping information: 

Your shipping page currently shows only Standard as Shipping method. It's good that it's free, but the problem is customers don't know when they will receive their products. Thus, you have to clarify that date.

Moreover, stating a specific day, for example "Arrived by August 20, 2020", is better than generalizing "Arrived within 2-3 days" as the latter doesn't clarify questions such as "do those 2-3 days include weekend?" or "are those 2-3 days shipping time only or also processing time?"

Amazon is always very clear about their shipping time. You can take them as an example below: 

research-media-file-af09668ce8775a2f1d867b399517098e (1).pngAmazon's shipping page

I hope those 2 quick tricks can help lower your abandoned cart rate. You can read this ultimate guide on reducing Cart Abandonment rate and maximizing conversion rate to better improve your cart page. 

All the best, 

Richard.

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
anewi
2 0 0

Thanks Richard,

Would you know how to make it so there is an edit button which takes them to a page overlay?

0 Likes