Getting Add to Carts and Reached Checkout - but no sales or abandoned carts

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys!

I would love some feedback on my shop! I have been doing some outreach marketing on Instagram (@opulauqa) and have spent about $30 in ads. So far I have just over 500 views of my shop this month, but no sales.

I'll get 'add to cart' and 'reached checkout' and occasionally an abandoned cart, but no sales.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

opulaqua.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 4 8

Hi, @ashtro_orbiter.

Brie from Shopify here, thank you for reaching out in the community for some advice. I took a look at your store, and it's looking really great so far! I love the unique product descriptions that you've given each of the products, this really gives a voice to your brand and compels the purchase of the product. There are a few things here and there that I would recommend adding:

• An "About Us" page. I see that you have a small snippet in your footer for your "About Us", however you'll want this to be it's own, easily found page. I'd recommend adding a little more information about who you are, what inspired you to start this business, and what sets you apart from other brands. This personal touch gives the customer a better sense of who you are, which is needed in order to build their trust. See some tips here for how to write a persuasive "About Us" page.
  • An "FAQ" (frequently asked questions) page. Often customers have questions, but they want an answer straight away; they'd prefer not to email you and have to wait for a response. You of course want to be easy to contact in case they have additional questions, but adding an easily found page of common questions can help them find the answers they need faster, and without having to reach out to you. Check out this blog post for some tips on creating an FAQ page.
  •  Add product reviews for your products. This is another way to gain a customer's trust in your product; there are a number of product reviews apps that you can use to do this, which you can find here. 
  • Add a few more sections to your home page. The home page is your customer's first impression of your brand and what you can offer them, so you want it to not only look good, but portray exactly who you are as a brand. Adding a text section to introduce them to the site, or some additional gallery photos are just two examples of the awesome sections you can use to liven up the home page. Check out our templates page here for some great theme examples, these should give you a good idea of how you can use different sections to create an awesome home page. 

In addition to these tips, you can check out this blog post that walks through 15 other conversion rate optimization tactics. Let me know if you have any further questions, or contact our live support any time here. 

Brie | Shopify Support

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

You don't sell a ton of water bottles... so someone has to really want what you do sell. Also $30 on ads is not that much money when some products you sell cost that much.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value. A few product pages I went to didn't have this section

2. Better product images would help your store a lot

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
427 19 48

You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points. I am open to further discussion.

The referral program is very helpful when it comes to good word of mouth and brand awareness. It is one of the successful marketing strategies.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes

Dear ashtro_orbiter,

Hope you are doing great.

Here are some tips, may be help you:

1. Try different Ads platform like Google Shopping Ads

2. Optimize your site loading speed

3. Work on mobile view more

4. Do dynamic product remarketing

5. Try other ads format

6. Optimize your product page

7. Try to reach custom affinity audience

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer 

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
408 21 83

Hi @ashtro_orbiter 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

After looking I couldn't find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

You might consider adding an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes