Hello ! I am new to eCommerce, I typically sale in person at events which is a lot easier for me, but since the coronavirus occurred we had to switch gears. I just made my website last month, and we're getting a lot of traffic but low on sales. What can I do to make my website better and start making conversions
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Beautiful store. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise.
I have a few recommendations, hope they will be of help to you.
1. Your homepage is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best - Scroll to top
2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page.
3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together.
5. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store.
You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. (A great app I know for the same purpose - Superbar) but if you need any others I'm adding a few other links of apps that might help you too.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
And social proof would be great for you as it would tell everyone about who purchased your product in what part of the world and display it on your website.
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.
That is one of the more frustrating scenarios! I can understand.
However, it's pretty clear where your problem lies. You've nailed down your advertising and need to improve conversions on your website.
I hope this advice helps. Let me know how it goes!
Hi. You need product descriptions. They don't have to be fancy, just describe why someone would buy it, what about the product supports the reason to buy, and what about the product isn't visible from the photos. For apparel, fit is also very important. The product description is the number one factor influencing a purchase decision since people don't buy what they don't understand. Start there and you should see a big increase in your conversion rate.