Getting Views but No Sales

petropy
Tourist
5 0 2

My site is petropy.com, which is a pet boutique and supplies. The site has been up and running for about two months and have been making changes along the way.

The issue is, I am getting around 40 views a day to my site, however they do not turn into sales. At first I thought it was the drop shipper I was using, Spocket because it takes up to three weeks for the customer to receive the product that they ordered. So I switched to Amazon for now until I can find other drop shippers that have a faster delivery time. After all the changes the same results, views no sales. 

Can someone take a look at my site and make some suggestions on how to improve?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 135 326

Hey Christ (@petropy),

The URL you provided had typo, but I think I've found the right one: https://petropy.com/

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

First off, good call on doing what you can to provide better shipping time to your customers. We have recommendations for dropship suppliers that offer better shipping times, we cover it in our video. I have lots more to say but everything I would type is in this video, so please give it a watch:

Hope that helps and sincerely wish you all the best!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
petropy
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for your reply and I will watch the video shortly.

I changed the website address in my original post. Thank you for the catch.

CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
208 14 73

Hello @petropy 

Congratulations on your Shopify Store! 

I understand your frustration regarding your traffic not converting to sales, but you may find comfort in knowing that this is a common phenomenon for almost every Shopify owner. Sales is an organic process, which involves the right people finding your store, them looking at your products, then looking at alternative, and finally deciding to purchase from you. This takes a lot of time, through which you must hang on. In the meantime, you can look at this pro tip on increasing Sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting? 

Another thing to consider: All traffic is not the right traffic. Suppose you are selling items for females under age 30. But males over age 50 are the ones viewing your website the most. This will increase traffic, but very likely not increase sales. That is why, you need to know what type of audience your product will cater to, or who is your niche. To do that, a simple google trends search will suffice, to show you the location, age and gender of the people who most view your items, as long as what words they search with. You can then target them specifically using sponsored ads which will only show up on the newsfeed of your target market. 

Now, to your website. 

All looks well, but I can suggest a few minor tweaks here are there:

Sticky Header: 

This makes it easier to navigate, even if users have scrolled down, so that the headers are still there. 

Chatbot: 

Chatbots can be so very important and probably the easiest ways to collect user information and insights. Also, they will make your life simpler by answering the most common questions you face. 

Sales Offers: 

Your Christmas offer is too low for people to notice, as often people don't go so low on the homepage. Consider making it a popup on the homepage, or another sticky header. 

That's all from me. Hope this has helped. For any questions, please reach out!

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
petropy
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for your feedback and I will look into your suggestions on Chatbot, as  do not know much about it.

I have been on my site a thousand times and never realized that the headers weren't staying. Will definitely fix that.

Thank you again,

Chris.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @petropy, I hope you are doing good! Here are some suggestions:

- Viewport is too small. Fix the viewport.

Showcase reviews on the home page/ product page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

Add FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), this page allows visitors to find answers to all their questions in one place.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hits right on your target market.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
petropy
Tourist
5 0 2

Sachin,

Thank you for your feedback and I will look into the app.

I do have have a question for you, what is Viewport?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
925 25 309

Hi @petropy !

Your google page speed score is only 43 and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website. 

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @petropy, thanks. The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Team_Spocket
Shopify Partner
38 2 12

Hi Petropy,

John here from Spocket! We have suppliers that can ship faster! If you need any help finding those suppliers for your store, don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@spocket.co and we'll gladly give you our best recommended suppliers that would fit your niche.

Looking forward to working with you again!

0 Likes