Getting adds to cart, but no checkouts. What's failing to entice people to complete their purchase?

memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

https://martinsmemeshop.com/

Based on my traffic stats and analytics, I know that, visitors are are adding products to cart at a would-be normal conversion rate (1.7%), but none are finishing their purchase. Is the checkout screen too slow to load? Does it not look trustworthy enough?

0 Likes

Hey Martin(?)

I don't remember the actual statistic but something like 1:4 people who add to cart will actually go through with a purchase. There can be multiple reasons why someone may abandon a purchase. I noticed you don't show shipping rates on your product pages and you also don't have an about me page so that I can learn about the business. People may be surprised by shipping once they complete checkout. I would also suggest thinking about whether you need to offer dozens of currencies on the site. Are you actively marketing globally? Lastly, make sure you have an automated abandoned cart email setup to try and get people to revisit once they add something to the cart.

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes
memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

Hi @KyleFlexverk ,

Thanks for the useful info. My About us page is here: 

memelordmartin_0-1613767058483.png

Should I link it in the product description?

And what do you mean about the shipping policy, more specifically? I mention free shipping to North America in all product descriptions. 

memelordmartin_1-1613767146128.png

Should I include more than that? I am primarily marketing to the US and Canada.

0 Likes

Ah, I was looking in the footer. I'd put the about us link down in the footer as well under the Quick Links or the Martins Meme Dominion section.

Similarly you have a Return Policy in the Quick Links but not a Shipping Policy. I would recommend adding that down there. Once you put a shipping policy in Shopify it should show up under your pricing and be linked to the page as well:

KyleFlexverk_0-1613768270592.png

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes