Getting customer to the checking out phase but they are not purchasing? Help!!!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Ok so I am getting plenty of traffic to my site daily and they are adding items to the cart, fewer are going to checkout, and none are making it to purchase. I need some feedback on my site to see if I can figure out why I am not getting the conversions. FYI the boutique is completely online and we do dropshipping to fulfill orders. Please check it out at casualowl.com and let me know what you think. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I see that you have the same design in all the website but not on the checkout page. This can lead to trust issues.

Try to change the colors there and use the exact same design in your checkout page.

Let me know if this works!

Good luck with your Store!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
809 67 190

Abandoned carts are normal. A way to help recover those is add an abandoned cart email sequence. I like Klaviyo the best for setting automated email flows, here are some ideas for that: speedboostr.com/automated-email-marketing-with-klaviyo

On the website side, you can use Theme Scientist to A/B test different variations on your theme, this will give you data results to know what converts better.

2 things that stood out to me on first impression:

- The colored background. You can test this, but generally I recommend a white background for ecommerce sites since most ecommerce sites are set up like that, it's a comfortable familiarity and sense of trust when a new user browses your site.

- Engaging about page with pictures + a link in the header. This will help casual browsers develop a connection with your brand and increase the chance of doing business with you.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes