Getting traffic but have only 1 sale

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
So I just opened up my store about a month ago and I have ads going and I have traffic, almost 1000 to be exact and only 1 sale. Can I get someone to take a look at my shop to see where I may be losing them? www.nuwearit.com. Thank you for the advice
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there, 

I have just visited your website. Overall, I think it is well-organized and pretty! You put a lot of effort into creating it, right?

I love your slogan: "Awareness, Confidence & Smiles". 

Here is some feedback to make it better and hopefully improve your conversion rate:

1. Improve your homepage

- The "BUY 1 GET 1 FREE" bar does not work. Actually, I can not click on it. Make sure that when you say your store offer "buy 1 get 1 free", your customers can easily get it :)

- The homepage is the first thing that many people see when they visit. So, you should create a good first impression by adding more sections to show who you are and why people should buy your product. You can consider moving some sections in your About us page to your Homepage. Instead of showing so many collections, you need to engage with your website visitors before converting them into your customers. 

2. Analyze your website visitors

- You need to identify whether your website visitors are your target customers or not? Are your ads targeting the right people? To turn traffic into sales, your visitors need to fit with your target audiences. For example, imagine that your target customers are young people, but your ads are targeting older people. So, your website visitors from your ads can quickly leave their online stores without making any sales. 

3. Identify where do you land your customers

- You should make sure that your ad content is consistent with your landing page. When people see your ads and click on them, they will be redirected to your landing page.  For example, your ad is about 30% discounts on specific products, but your landing page is your home page. What 's happened? I think that your website visitors have been slightly confused, and probably clicked off the tab. 

4. Add more delivery option

To save the shipping time, many people are choosing to buy online and go to the store to pick up their orders. In some cases, younger people don't mind traveling to get their items instead of waiting for shipping. In terms of your online store, you can encourage shoppers to make additional purchases when they come to the pickup locations. Above are just some advantages of store pickup. 

We carefully prepared this checklist to help you identify whether your online store really needs store pickup or not. Check it out!

5. Add the social proof

- Add the Testimonial section in the Homepage

- Add the customer review section on the product page. 

Actually, when people see that others love your product, they are more willing to make their purchases. 

I hope this above feedback is helpful for you! 

Have a nice day! <3

Want to know more about store pickup or not sure if store pickup is necessary for your Shopify store? Just simply get the checklist and find your own answer!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @Kacalhoun,

I can understand, it must be frustrating. 

It's pretty clear where your problem lies. You website conversions.

I had a look at your website. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  2. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  3. Also, moving the “featured collection” section above, before “collection list” could help.
  4. Your mission is a great one. Kudos :) I would suggest highlighting some parts of your story on the home page, using it in the messaging. It will connect with people and make your store stand out. 
  5. Your catalog has a lot of products. You need to guide users to the right products. If you overwhelm the user with too many choices, in the beginning, they will most likely drop out. 
    When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  6. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  7. Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!
  8. Finally, I would suggest installing something like Hotjar to monitor your users. It tracks the exact movement of your users so you can understand where the problem is, better.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

First, Thank you for the feedback!

I no longer have the Buy 1 Get 1 Free listed in my announcement bar, however, that was an automatic discount that was applied when you bought more than 1 item.

My ads target those that are into the same causes as my store is about and are for ages 18-65. My store is about all of those that are suffering from life long illnesses and I believe that it fits all age groups.

I will work on the landing pages for my ads, that makes sense.

I don't have any reviews or testimonies at this time and is why I don't have those pages on there yet, but I will be adding it once I do have them to add.

Thank you again for the assist, I really appreciate it :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you so much for taking time out to review.

I have added a little bit more about what my store is about. Right now it is just a text but I think I am going to add it as you have mentioned with an image so my customers are not having to scroll too far down to get to my products.

I have moved my feature collection as you have recommended, makes sense :)

I will look into adding the mission statement to my automatic messages that pop up. That is a great idea, thank you!

I don't have any reviews to add at this time and is why those pages are not listed as of right now, but I do plan on having them.

Thank you again for all the assistance :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @Kacalhoun 

Happy to help! I hope the changes result in more conversions.

For reviews/testimonials - have friends and family bought your products? Ask them to add reviews. 

If not, give some stuff to them for free, then ask them to add reviews/testimonials in return :) 

Cheers. 

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. I just joined shopify and entered the forum to seek some wisdom. I already have a store for some time now but I built it with woocommerce. The thing is that I do not have any sales nor visits and was wondering if maybe you were kind enought to take a look and give me an opinion.

you can find it at

www.graphic604.com

I would really appreciate it

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see that you have received a lot of great feedback on the front end design of your store. 

How are you currently marketing the business? When you say you are running ads, what research did you conduct to establish your target market? Have you developed a marketing plan

Have you considered working with bloggers/influencers to create content for your site, and drive ready-made audiences in a particular niche to your store? 

Not all traffic is equal, and in your case, this is painfully so. You are not getting the 'right' traffic to pass through your store, so I'd suggest stopping the ads you are running, and shifting your strategy and reassessing who your target market is! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
34 0 9

Love your story. A few suggestions:
1. Add more to your About Us page. This is important because it tells your brands story and why people should buy from you. Your website needs to tell a story!

2.Do you retarget email addresses? 

3. Try placing your email capture tool on different pages. You got a bot for the homepage!

4. Collect Reviews. Customer need to trust what they buy. Maybe provide some example reviews on your homepage.

5. Invest in better graphic design. It really goes a long way.

Hope this help! AdRoll is currently offering a 90 day free trial for our growth plan. Check us out:

https://www.adroll.com/pricing

Nicholas Bennett
0 Likes