Getting traffic, but no sales

BrennenLV
1 0 1

Hello, 

I’m trying to find out how I can improve my store to get some conversions. I had a few sales when I first launched, but have had none for days now. I’m now at 1,300+ site visits. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help! 

www.reminiscentcoffeeshop.com

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @BrennenLV,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

reminiscent-coffee-01.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, coffee can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a coffee blend in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @BrennenLV 

@EcomGeeks is absolutely right about the possible causes.

- I can't be sure about your traffic source, but you might take a look at your Google analytics to find out where the visitors come from, which types of customers stay a bit longer on your store and what page they are looking at => they are potential customers, but there's something on the page that couldn't convince them to buy. If you are running ads, double check the target audience and ad copy and landing page content.

- Something wrong on your pages: Honestly I think the page is good, the page speed is good too, I have no problem coming from home to product then checkout, but I have some ideas that you can test if it will help you have more sales: 

HOME PAGE

+ As a new visitors and I am not knowledgable about coffee, I don't know what is the difference between those, the packaging is the same, only the name and the price is difference => I suggest you add a bit more of product description below the product title, so the visitors may be aware more of the products and quickly navigate to the products that interest them most

PageFly_0-1624330652840.png

+ Add a call-to-action here: you are offering a great benefit, why not adding a call-to-action to tell the visitors what they need to do next (it can be a Shop now / Browse all products button)

PageFly_1-1624330788667.png

+ It would be nice if you have a page that describe / explain the product source, tell a bit more about the origin, the quality and the people, also show the certification => it's all about creating trust amongst visitors. If you are interested, we have a guide about building brand trust here https://pagefly.link/ATbKuPkz (Hope it can give you some helpful information)

PageFly_0-1624331684327.png

PRODUCT PAGE

+ Like a fashion store with a size chart, I think it would be nice if you have something similar. It can be either text or video or images, anything that can suggest the visitors about how they look like and what is the difference. So does the Size, I think some more product images that illustrates how big or small of the difference size can be helpful. Some people heavily depend on visual elements when they shop

PageFly_3-1624331772226.png

CART PAGE

+ Let's check if there's anyone who leaves the cart: one thing I found on the cart page is that the express checkout buttons are equally outstanding (especially on mobile), it isn't clear which button should be the one visitors should click, they might question if they are the only ways that they can pay.

=> you can test by removing the buttons, they are accessible on Check out anyway.

PageFly_5-1624332318830.png

Overall, I believe you have a great products, just some more improvements can be made, so you can reach more customers ^_^

I hope those feedbacks can be useful for you, if they are, please give me a 'like'

Thank you so much in advance and I wish you best of luck!

P/S: I come from PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder with more than 4,000+ 5-star review on Shopify app store. If you are interested in customize your page for better page experience, let's check it out!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @BrennenLVThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.

AiTrillion_0-1624344835813.png

- On the homepage, add links to your social media account in the social media section. 

- Create a separate section of 'Our Collections' on the homepage. In that, display collection- Blends, flavored coffee, sample packs with its thumbnail images. 

Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.

AiTrillion_1-1624348198810.png

- Add a section of review on the product page. People read reviews before making a purchase.

AiTrillion_2-1624348294584.png

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Give product recommendations on the homepage, add a section of trending and new products. This attracts customers to browse the products.

To add a review section, push notification, product recommendations in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion.

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hello @BrennenLV 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

->Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.

->Rewards & Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

->Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

->Videos; You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature.

->Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

->Recently viewed items: Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page

Screenshot (55).png

->Product Review: There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review , so that customer can review on your products. In product page place product review to know more information about products ,which makes customer to buy .

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

I hope this is helpful ! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes