Getting traffic but zero sales coming in.

JaniceMarkwart
1 0 1

Please would some one be able to run through my shop and tell me why I am getting no sales. I am getting a bit of traffic, still relatively new shop, but getting about 1500 a month, with next to zero sales.

I am seeing quite a few add to carts but not much conversion.

www.fiddlearoundco.ca

thank you so much for anyone who can take the time to help me out.

Janice

Hi @JaniceMarkwart 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 70.000 active Shopify merchants.

Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add...

So in my opinion, your store needs to be added more content, especially the home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Show all store's collections and featured products

Your store provides some collections, however, on the home page, there aren't any collections. 

I recommend you should show all store's collections in a section. Set collection image as the background and add collection name on each collection image.

Here is my demo template for displaying collections

Maize – PageFly 2021-02-08 11-08-38.png

And you can display featured products of each collection.

You can consult my Stellar template here about showing featured products

Stella – PageFly 2021-02-08 11-06-42.png

By this way, customers when initially visit your home page, they will have a general view of your store's products instead of showing only 1 section which introduces your store with a CTA button.

1.3 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

1.4 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.6 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

For the home page layout, I think you should take a look at this homepage anatomy:

social-1.png

You can refer to our educational album: "Ecommerce Website Personalization" to personalize your homepage and know how to build an effective homepage layout

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2414 140 437

Hello @JaniceMarkwart, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add multiple images of the product on the product page. Add a 'buy now' button on the product page.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a footer menu. It includes quick links. 

- Add a favicon.

- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add a popup to attract customers with a discount code. It will help you to capture email subscribers so you can reach customers easily via email and run email campaigns.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes