Getting views but no sales

Solved
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello,

I've started my online store 2 weeks ago. I am very excited about this and started few courses in SEO, my sister have done some Facebook and Instagram ads running for a few days. I started a new campaign in google ads and the site is getting more than 50 visits daily, but still no sale. People dont even reach the checkout or add to the cart. Can someone help with more tips? Or suggestions? Right now we reaching 500 sessions but no sales.

www.petdomus.com.br

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
218 22 36

Hi, @WMelo!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm so happy to hear that you're taking some SEO courses and that your sister is helping you out with ads.

The store looks awesome, and it sounds like you're off to a great start! My only suggestion at the moment is to add an About Us page and an FAQ page to give your customers quick and easy access to the information they're looking for. Although your policy pages cover a lot of important information, these more casual pages can feel more approachable and understandable to customers.

Under Analytics > Dashboards, are you seeing any patterns as far as where the 50 visits a day are coming from? This data can show you what countries most customers are visiting from as well as whether they found you on desktop or mobile, whether they searched for your store or found you through social media, etc. The information you find here can be really helpful in determining whether your ads can be tweaked to bring more traffic to the store by targeting different groups of customers.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1029 60 221

Hey Petdomus,

Getting traffic but, no sales clearly shows that though, people are interested in your store yet, some missing things are preventing them from turning into customers. Hence, you need to take care of all these below mentioned things in order to acquire customer attention and better sales. 

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  2. Add more social links for better social connectivity.
  3. Also, you have clubbed all discounted items in the "featured products" section which doesn't make sense, hence I suggest, you replace it with the "sales" section to make it more sensible.
  4. Add customer reviews below each product to help the customer choose better.
  5. Add customer testimonials, Instagram images, and blogs to educate the customer better.
  6. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope your visitors turn into customers very soon.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @Sophia ,

Thank you for the feedback.

I had a AboutUS page but when i published the Legal pages i thought it was redundant information, but you are right, those pages are hard to read in customer point of view. I will implement again.

About the Analytics, most customers are coming from the ad campaign from Facebook. We have been tweaking those a bit, and since i created this post i got 2 abandoned carts. Now im trying to figure what can be the cause. Because ive trought the checkout funnil again and didnt encounter any errors.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello @neha-sparq ,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have implemented the Account login system as you said and trying to follow up the other topics. Like i said before, it switchted to no add cart at all to abandoned checkouts, which i kind a win. Now i´m trying to figure that reason. Thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
218 22 36

Hey, @WMelo.

It's definitely a win that you're starting to see customers add items to the cart! I ran through the checkout process on your store as well, and I was able to get through to the payment stage with ease, so I don't believe this is a checkout issue. While it's impossible for us to know exactly why a customer abandoned their cart, the ones that made it through to the checkout can give us some more insight.

You can take a look at each order under Orders > Abandoned checkouts to see which items were added to the cart and whether there was a shipping cost or taxes associated with the order. Often, customers who see unexpected charges in the checkout can abandon their order. If they've abandoned before heading to checkout, sometimes they're just using the cart as a calculator to see what the total will be for multiple items.

If a customer makes it through to the payment stage and isn't able to complete a purchase, rest assured that you'll be able to see why by viewing the payment events from the abandoned checkouts. Once you have the details on why a payment wasn't completed, you can get in touch with the customer if necessary to help them complete their purchase.

Keep in mind that a healthy conversion rate—especially for a store that's just starting out—is only around 2%, meaning that if you have 100 customers add items to the cart, only two of those customers are expected to complete their purchase. Within the next couple of weeks, hopefully you'll see more activity that can help you determine whether there's anything you want to change on your home page, product pages, and/or in your marketing materials to test the conversion rate.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1029 60 221

My Pleasure!Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes