Gift Check Box in checkout

Solved
Excursionist
14 0 2

Hi Everyone

Is there an easy way to add this feature or an app that we can use so that the purchaser can gift a product?  

We delivery fresh food every Saturday and it is common for someone to send a Pasta Kit to someone else in the city.  Currently they just add the alternate address in a comment box or email us.  

Looking for an alternative so its more straightforward for our backend too.  

Have a great day! 

Kim

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @Kpizzolato!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Great question! What you can do is use cart attributes to include a checkbox on the cart page of your Shopify storefront. Adding a checkbox to the checkout stage isn't a possibility, but you can add the checkbox on your cart page by following our step by step guide here

Another alternative would be to use an app to collect details from your customer on the product page. There are a few apps that would allow you to add in different options for your customers to fill out on the product page. If you're interested in going this route, then you can check out the apps:

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shopify Partner
2569 133 430

This is an accepted solution.

Some appless options

• line item properties or cart attributes https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/ 
  • see about prefilling the shipping address info after prompting them on the /cart page before checkout
  • Rewriting your translations so it's made clearer during /checkout they can enter a billing address and a separate shipping address

If your on shopifyPlus there a many other options for enterprise businesses.

If you need to explore these options I can be contacted at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with storename, and details for pricing.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 0 0

I can't see where to put this I tried it in cart.liquid but it was under the product item not in the checkout so i'm not sure if you would know it should be a gift

0 Likes