Give me Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 0

Hi, I need advice
I make shopify store with baby niche. but after 1 month there was no sales at all. I have used facebook ads, and other for the promotion. there are some people who view content, but no add to cart let alone purchese. What do I need to add to my Store? btw my store greatbabyco.com
or is the baby niche really not working? or just my thinking?
oh or if someone has a suggestion about what I have to do to make a sale happen, I will be very grateful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi @windalis,

Nick here from Shopify. 

First of all, I want to say, really good work on your store so far. It feels like you've put a lot of work and time in and it really shows. There are a couple of things which I saw which you can add/ alter to try and help take it to the next step and inevitably get your first sale. Let's take a look at them below:

• I think it's great that you have an About Us page and are telling your story. Stories are a great asset to any brand and help create a vision for the store visitors by creating emotional connections with them. While I love your About Us page, I would look into adding an image or a video or any kind of visual. By giving the visitor and potential customer something to look at to complement your text, it will help get them that little bit more invested. The content team at Shopify wrote a blog post going into detail on how to write a persuasive About Us page which you can read here as well as Shopify's partner Oberlo making a video tutorial which you can see below. 
  • Something else I noticed was that I couldn't see a logo anywhere. I think your store name is really good and can be capitalized on. By creating a logo, it adds an extra sense of identity to your brand helping people notice you more and embedding who you are in their head. Once you have a logo, it would be natural to add a favicon for your browser tab. Again it will help with brand recognition and adds an extra that extra touch of professionalism. There are a couple of free resources to help you with logo creation such as a logo maker/creator here and a blog post with 5 online logo makers you could look into here. Shopify also has a guide for how to add a favicon once you have a logo here
  •  While this might not be direct feedback for your store I wanted to share it as I might help you in getting that first sale. Again, it's a blog post from the Shopify content team based on 50 ways you could make your first sale which you can find here

I hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
164 5 34

Hi @windalis 

baby products sell very good online, Can you share your website so i can give you my feedback.

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 0
Hi.@vinods
My store greatbabyco.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
164 5 34

Hello @windalis 

Trust you are doing good. Just saw your website.The products are good and lovely too. Also i noticed  the email on your website is not working.

Below is my feedback:

1. please place the menu links which are under catalog in the main menu directly So when people land they can see what products you are selling righ in the navigation instead of clicking on catalog and then seeing the links As you have space so utilize that.

2. You can remove Blog and About Us from top menu and just keep this is footer. Also spell correct the word Visi >> Vision under about us drop down.

3. the promo Free shipping disappears when i scroll down keep it visible on call the pages.

4. Remove the link from free shipping promo section.

5. can you mention in each product details page that it is suitable for which age range . example

https://greatbabyco.com/collections/girls-baby-clothing-1/products/toddler-baby-kids-girls-watermelo...

i don't see age range mentioned

Thanks

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
1 Like
Highlighted

We have 2 clients who target parents and it's possible to make it work. However, I would look at Google Shopping over Facebook as you can target parents as they search for your items with Google. I'll give you some tips at the end to help you get up and running on Google. Now on to your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. Sort your products by age. This is something our clients and all their competitors do. Makes it easier for parents when shopping. This could be another drop down menu on your main navigation. Lov Ever Baby does a good job of this for targeting parents with babies under 1 year.

2. Maybe add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage

3. You have good images, however, in the future it'd be good to have them all look more consistent style wise. Some of them make me think they were taken at different times or by different people. Or some may even be manufactory images vs ones you have taken yourself

4. I feel some of the images could be larger to help make them standout more. Grandparents are a good market for buying products for their grandkids... so you want to make sure they can see what is going on too.

Product Page Feedback

1. Remove the 100% money back logo as it gets in the way of someone buying. You can just add this to the footer

2. Make sure all product have a description. Shaking Bell Car does not right now. Product description are how you get someone to buy you product

3. Also, for the Shaking Bell Car, remove the images in the product description. Make sure you have Quantity, Add To Cart and then product description on each product page. You don't want anything standing in the way of someone buying

4. Make sure each page links to your shipping and return/refund policy

For setting up Google Shopping, please see below as you will need a Google Merchant Centre account and a Google Ads account to running Google Shopping campaigns. Also have a section on Facebook and setting up remarketing:

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Anaytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy.. you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/stated checkout but have not bought anything.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your store overall. You just need to make sure you are getting the right traffic and make some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes