Give me a feedback on my store_ opened 5 days ago not making any sales

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello People,

It has been 5 days since I have opened my store https://sellingwithpassion.myshopify.com. I have advertised on facebook since 4 days, contacted 2 inlfuencers on instagram but have not made any sales. I do not really know what is going on. I am offering discount and free shipping too. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
106 0 19

Hey nice job on launching your Shopify store that's a great first step there's a few things that I see when I look at your store first of all it looks like all of your titles are pulled directly from AliExpress or something you still have the exact same names from AliExpress and the product still have the water marks on it why would I buy from you if I can easily find the product from China or something.

Also I have absolutely no idea what you're selling until I research more the only thing I see on your store when I first enter your site is just the word stylish when I see the word stylish I think that you are some sort of fashion company but that I do some more research and I realized that you are selling cell phone accessories which doesn't really lineup.

Also you should really have a domain for your webpage I know it will cost a little bit of money but it looks unprofessional.

also I have no idea who you are there is no about us page there is no FAQ there is no return policy there's no way for me to contact you I don't see an email or phone number anyting it doesn't make me trust you.

Also I noticed that you don't have an always visible by button if the Bible isn't always visible especially on mobile it will require extra stops for your customer to buy and every step they have to take is opportunity for them to choose not to buy from you you need to make it so that they can buy with as little effort as possible I create an app that can help you with that: https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales

Also you should have a logo and a favicon it looks like the site was thrown together really quickly and I think if you have a logo you will look a lot more professional and you'll be able to start building a brand.

Also consider adding comments so that people can leave reviews it would look a lot more professional that way as well.

But overall nice work good job on launching your Shopify store that is the hardest part

1 Like
4 0 0

thanks for your valuable insights Mark. I will improve my store per your reviews. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi Dishant,

At the moment you're selling mass market products that can be bought everywhere. You should niche down a lot. 

Before you scale and spend money on Facebook ads, you should make sure people in your target market want to buy your products (validate). 

Here's my advice:

Join niche Facebook groups, reddit, forums etc. Interact with the members and try and find what people are complaining about.

Once you find a problem you can provide the solution. For example, if you discover lots of people complaining about back pain from working on a computer all day. Drop them a message saying "Hey, I noticed you had trouble with back pain, this solved my back pain. You can buy them here <link to your product>." - then find a chair back support on Aliexpress or something similar.

If no one buys, keeps trying different products untl you find a success. Only then do you start Facebook ads because you know exactly who to target. Just target similar people to who bought from you in the past.

Once you've found a product people really want, you don't need to worry about trivial things like offering a discount, free shipping, countdown timers and other conversion tricks etc. That will come later once you're getting lots of sales. 

I would highly recommed you read 5 Mistakes New Store Owners Make That Lose Them Sales. I wrote it because lots of new Shopify store owners were making the same mistakes. If you want sales give it a read :)

I really hope this helps,

Matt

Are you struggling to make sales? Then read this: https://www.vysors.com/feedme/article/increase-conversions/
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
17 0 2

Hi Dishant,

Guru Micah here to help!

To start off Dishant I really like the products are selling, they seem really awesome and have lots of potential! With that being said there are a few recommendations that I can give you so that we can get that first sale!

To start off, you have gotten really awesome feedback on this post already which will help make your site look amazing. What I can suggest is making Collections that help organize your products better so it makes it easier for your customers to navigate your store. Once you sort your products into collections for example: Phone Chargers, Screen Protectors etc. you will then be able to add them to your menu or even add them as a drop down menu

Also when looking at your products I would recommend changing the titles of the product as this will help declutter your store along with if you look into selling on Facebook or Instagram in the future the titles need to be under 100 characters to be eligible.

Furthermore adding a Contact Us Page really opens up the fact that you want your customers to contact you if they have any questions. It really helps build the trust factor. Also another great way to build trust is by having a refund, privacy, and terms of service policies clearly stating the procedures of your store.

I also highly suggest looking into this cheat sheet for your theme as there are lots of awesome features that you can really benefit from implementing, like adding features to your product pages such as a product picture zoom, dynamic checkout button and much much more!

Now at the end of the day Dishant you can have the most amazing looking site but if no one sees it, it will be very hard to get sales. I highly recommend looking at our Shopify Blogs on Marketing. My favourite is 50 Ways to Make Your First Sale as it has lots of amazing ideas of how to market your products and great ways in doing so. Now the really important thing with marketing is making sure you are targeting the right customers otherwise your conversion rate will turn out low as they will be potential customers but aren’t as interested in your products as they could be. Along with the Shopify Blogs I really recommend looking into the Shopify Academy also as this has many on-demand courses, webinars, tools and templates and so much more that will help grow your business.

Again you are rocking it Dishant and that first sale will just around the corner! Keep up the good work!

Micah Knight

Customer Success Guru | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Mark,

Thank you for your insights. I have updated my site with following so far. 

Updated the product titles

Created a logo

Taken out the word stylish

Created the pages that you have suggested 

next plan is to work on better categorizing the product. I am thinking to go with Domain, once I make handful sales to make sure that there is a potential, as I am just starting up wit hmy Online business (got inspired from my MBA),

Thank you again,

Dishant

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Mark,

Thank you for your insights. I have updated my site with following so far. 

Updated the product titles

Created a logo

Taken out the word stylish

Created the pages that you have suggested 

next plan is to work on better categorizing the product. I am thinking to go with Domain, once I make handful sales to make sure that there is a potential, as I am just starting up wit hmy Online business (got inspired from my MBA),

Thank you again,

Dishant

0 Likes