Going Crazy trying to figure this out.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Hello all, I’m going nuts trying to figure out how I can have over 1000 visitors to my store in the last 30 days and I’m successfully able to drive traffic through Ad and social media, however, have only made one sale. Have remapped my store three different ways and expanded additional products, apps and still have the same results. I Read and see so many documents and videos about Setting up a store and things to do, and seems there are hundreds of different opinions and reviews on process and get baffled on what exactly should be done or which one to follow. I’d like a professional opinion on my store from this community and those that have found success through these pain points. I see so much more failure than success with Shopify an online drop shipping.

My store is www.sunnydays.shop and is catered to wood fashion products just for men. I sincerely appreciate the feedback from this community as this is my first post in this group.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
302 33 60

Hey there, @SunnyDays_US 

Thanks for reaching out. I took a look through your store and there were a couple of things that stuck out to me that would be worth considering some tweaking or overhauling.

The first thing I noticed is the steep variation in your product pricing. You have sunglasses as low as $23 and as high as $200+. This can be conflicting as you are effectively trying to capture various buyer types in a single store which is often very difficult when you have limited brand power. different price points are going to bring on different buyer types. For some, they may just want the cheapest pair that they can find regardless of the brand as long as it is stylish. The other type who may be willing to spend up to $200+ on a pair is going to be less of impulse buyers and will do their research. Typically these sorts of customers are persuaded by means of social advertising. This could be an influencer recommending the product on Youtube, hearing about the brand in a podcast advertisement or from their favorite social media profiles story post. 

I would definitely consider overhauling your target market and decide if you want to build a brand that appeals to stylish sunglasses and marketing it as the best prices with another unique selling point like fast shipping or an interactive product recommender feature. Another route is to attempt to build a more luxurious brand that has a stronger social presence. Social Media Marketing is a given these days. Marketing on social media platforms can increase traffic to your store, improve your SEO, lead to higher conversion rates, and a host of other benefits. Studies have shown that online adults aged 18–34 are most likely to follow a brand via social networking (95%). And 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.

A great way to market your own products would be to do 'review' content on your inventory and recommend them based on specific criteria. It's a way to capture people in the informational stage of their buyer journey and turn them into a visitor onto your store!

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks Dirk, I appreciate your observations and recommendations.  I do see you point on the varying price points, I did review several stores that seems to be strong in the Shopify community and majority have price ranged products fluctuating between 100-200 difference,  I wanted to provide a variety of options and although I can opt for the more economical cheaper products, i want to build a name not just sell products with the intention of white labeling real soon.  Based on this, it sounds like it would make better sense to stick to a brand effort and products at a more expensive price point.

Regarding influencing, I have reviewed some options and it is way expensive to use influencers for someone like myself who isn't driving any major sales yet. I have driven my traffic directly through social media, Instagram is 90% of my traffic today so that ads are working but they don't convert.  I do have many questions on this whole process but will spare them to a more personalized approach.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 344

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Not all traffic is equal - just because someone clicks to your website from Facebook or Google doesn't mean they will buy - or that they will buy right away. Make sure to get clicks in terms of building awareness for your brand, but then focus on converting those who clicked and viewed your product into buyers. You do it through retargeting ads and email marketing.

Here's a detailed guide on how to design a winning PPC ad funnel: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-ad-funnels-framework-charlie-lawrence/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 158

Hey @SunnyDays_US, here are some suggestions you can take it into consideration:-

1. You can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product. It can be like New Arrivals, Best Sellers etc.

2. You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

3. Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

If you would like to know how to implement this, don't hesitate to ask. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @SunnyDays_US ,

The issue might be with a pricing. It's a little bit expensive for wood watches taking into account that your store is a brand new and no customer testimonials yet. Consider to test with a pricing change and see whether customers add to the cart your product or not.

-

01.jpg

The shipping information is available on the checkout page might scare your customers. Consider to add estimate shipping time if the customer buy from US / Europe. It'll help customers understand at least what to expect with a shipping time.

-

You already have some testimonials from Facebook fan page, consider to add them on your online store. It might be the home page or the landing page where you drive traffic from social media.

2.jpg

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Shopify Calculator - What's the Cost of a Shopify Store? Read More
0 Likes