Golf Store

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi guys, 

I plan on making a golf store using Ali Express and I wanted to see what you guys think of the store.

https://loveyourgolfit.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
548 18 171

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You've done a great job with your store so far. I've taken a look so that we can see where you can do even better.

Since you mentioned Aliexpress, the first piece of advice I'd give you is, don't dropship from China! Epacket has improved things for some countries but the shipping time is still making things difficult for businesses. Customers will also be wary about the markup on the product when they realize it came from China. If you use a dropshipper who is based in the US, it makes the shipping times more reasonable and helps to build trust in your store. Oberlo have introduced filtering to find US based products, although they don't have that many yet. A better option could be Spocket.

Consider purchasing a custom domain rather than sticking with the .myshopify.com domain. It will help you build your brand identity.

I would personally remove the popup and use an exit popup instead:

When a popup appears right away, it feels intrusive. A customer doesn't yet know your store well enough to know if they want to give you their email address. Let them browse first, then entice them to sign up, perhaps with the offer of a discount at the end. Privy is a good option for exit popups.

Make sure all of your menus go somewhere. When I click on Store, I get an empty page:

I'd recommend a well written About Us page. It can really help to sell customers on your brand and make you stand out from generic stores.

I would simplify your Contact Form and make it look more professional. You need their name, email address and the message they want to write. It should be quick and easy for customers to reach out to you with their questions. It's important you respond quickly as well. If they ask a question and it takes days for a response, they won't place an order. The Facebook Messenger Channel is another convenient way for people to contact you.

I would make sure you have a Shipping Policy Page. If it's a complete mystery where the items are shipping from and how long it will take, people won't be comfortable placing an order. Likewise, I'd make sure you include a Returns and Refund Policy so that people understand their rights.

I like your slider image but it's a bit blurry:

Your menu titles are a little uncomfortable to read too, I'd perhaps re-think the font you're using there. You can edit that under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings.

Finally, make sure you have Social Media pages for your store. It's important to build a following as it provides Social Proof and gives you an audience to market your product to without always having to pay for advertising. I would go with Facebook and Instagram. Make sure you link them to the footer on your store by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. Check out Instagram Marketing 101: Using Hashtags, Stories, and More to Grow Your Business. We also have a great Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy. All courses are free and are run by successful store owners.

That's quite a lot to go on. I'll be happy to take another look, once you've had a chance to do a bit more work on your store. We're always here if you need more support.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1804 30 198

Hello,

I think you have to sell all golf related things in your store. I have observed on your store banner have “SHOP NOW”, When I click on that link it redirects to pages of your store, unable to find any things.
I think your store is not ready for sale the items, is right? I suggest you can add your store pages like terms and conditions, privacy policy, refund policies... And you can add your things from aliexpress website.
Finally, If you can add items from Aliexpress, How your customers are find the items from aliexpress? I suggest you can use aliexpress on making your golf store.
You can refer Aliexpress Dropshipping shopify app.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes