Good Traffic But Low Conversation Rate

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

I’ve been having a lot of adds to cart and reached checkouts but few sales. My funnel for this month is 60 adds to cart, 31 reached checkout, and 12 converted. Is this a normal number of conversions to start out or is this very low?

Any feedback on my store and how I can increase conversions would be appreciated!

Here is my store: www.nuvapurebeauty.com.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

Actually, that is amazing for a new store...keep up the good work.

Also, make sure you have some abandoned cart email flow going out.

LIVE weekly workshop: HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY START YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS! JumpStart Your Business and Double Your Sales In 90 Days!
Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

Hey @Nuvapure, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, you've big descriptions people often avoid them if you have a short sweet expressive description it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps you achieve your goals. 

Good luck with the store.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 208

Hi @Nuvapure !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for your reply and I’m only doing the sale for Black Friday/cyber Monday then it will go back to regular pricing. It says this on the announcement banner at the top of my site. I like the idea of giving gifts and incentives for discounts I will try that. And yes I already have a blog and Instagram feed on my page as well. My social media for my site is doing pretty well thanks to influencers I’ve sent my product to and Facebook/IG ads.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for the advice! I will look into that app and changing my descriptions for my products. I’d rather not change the product titles though only because I want it to have my brand name in the title. I’m going to look into SEO optimization for my site as well, I’ve been meaning to do that but I just haven’t had a chance yet. Also another quick question, what website did you go to in order to check my SEO score?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
428 16 90

Hi @Nuvapure welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. 

Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with following details:

Website Navigation: The product catalog is broken down into different collections & categories, a simple call-to-action on customer support/forms that try to convert website visitors to newsletter subscribers.

Website Technical and Legal Information: Terms and Conditions, Refund and Return Policy,

FAQ: Answer some of the most common questions customers have related to your products, payment, shipping, return, and refund.

Security & Credibility: Showcase your awards, security certificates, and badges to demonstrate to visitors that your website is trustworthy.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!

Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Munawar,

Are you sure you looked at my website? Because I have all of those things in my site that you just listed. Thanks though. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

I checked your SEO score on WooRank.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 39 141

Hey there, @Nuvapure!  

That’s a frustrating place to be in. You want to be excited for the traffic, but it’s hard to keep your head held high when you have so few sales. Without knowing how much traffic you had, it’s hard to tell you if you’re normal or below so.

Either way, there’s good news - there’s plenty of opportunity here to grow your business. 

Let’s start on the homepage, since this is likely the first page your visitors see. Now, there is a difference between mobile and desktop experiences. If you have any desktop visitors, I would highly suggest that you optimize it for both.

• Announcement bar: Keep that message shorter to make it easier to read and link it to your products.
  • Logo: I would move up the leaf icon closer to your brand name. It’ll make it look more cohesive.
  • Hero image: It’s hard to tell what your product is, even on mobile. On desktop it’s nearly impossible to see what it is. Even on mobile, how many of your customers will know what you’re selling? I would feature the product in use instead to show that it’s for skincare. I would also limit it to one hero image rather than two.
  • Layout: There’s a disconnect between what information your customers need and what information you’re providing. Use a scroll heatmap to analyze how far down the page customers scroll; what information do they see? What information do they not see? Use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking or not clicking. 
  • Order of information: Run a poll asking your visitors what they look for in skin care products - price, convenience, etc. You want to look at what brought them to your store. For example, your 100% money-back guarantee is important but maybe not more important than helping your visitors learn more about your products.
  • Overall: I like the overall theme, but I would step back and reorganize. You don’t just sell the steamer. When someone lands on your site, they only see the steamer since it’s the main feature as well as the only product you can purchase from the homepage. Instead of focusing just on the roller, could you feature them together as the ideal beauty skincare set? 
  • Warning: Be careful of making claims that are unsupported. I wouldn’t say “#1 Beauty Device 2020” without linking to proof of it. Don’t just say “100% money back guarantee,” link to that page with more information.

Footer

• Contact Us: Link your email address and include a simple message form. The people who contact you aren’t only going to be those who have already made a purchase. Encourage any questions, especially for new visitors. Link to the pages you’ve mentioned, like Track Your Order and the Shipping Guide. 
  • FAQs: There are some formatting issues. Also, you’ve linked a period under “How does shipping work?’ rather than a phrase. I would leave these for now but reevaluate them as your business grows. You may find that some of these items aren’t needed (i.e., How to place an order?) or more information will be needed. Link the “Contact us” to the appropriate page.
  • Shipping & Delivery: I like that you’ve been upfront about shipping times. 
  • COVID-19: I would update this with whatever information you have available. This was great to know during the beginning of the pandemic, but at this point, is it still an issue? With shipping times already extensive pre COVID, how many days does it tack on? Provide more transparency here. 
  • About us: Your picture is skewed, so be sure to fix those dimensions. I would also embed it within the text rather than bury it below. Again, why just focus on the facial steamer? You mention tools but then only link to one. 
  • Affiliate: I would do more to explain the values of your store as well. Why would someone want to be an affiliate? 
  • Return policy: Link your email address. Edit your policy so that it’s relevant to your products, such as downloadable software products. Since your line is personal care items, specify if returns are possible. 
  • Privacy policy: Link the URLs mentioned and your email address. 
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address

Main navigation

• Here’s where you can shine. Use a heatmap to see where people click, but I’m guessing they aren’t clicking on COVID-19 or About Us. Those are great pages to have...in your footer. 
  • Rethink how you’re selling to your visitors. If someone knows nothing about your products, this is your time to stand out as the experts. I would go beyond shop. Show them how to keep their skin healthy. Does it work on oily skin? Dry skin? Think of it as a how-to guide with videos or guides. 
  • You are the expert here, now show off that knowledge! Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see where people are going and how they move to product pages.

Collection page

• You only have one collection, and that’s okay. My biggest suggestion is to keep your images consistent in size. Right now they are all over the place. Keep them consistent for a more cohesive look.
  • Be mindful of your sale prices. No one is going to believe that you have a $150 facial steamer when they can buy one for $50 at a different store. I like that you have your sale prices, but you may need to do some competitive research to make sure your product pages without the sales are in the ballpark. 

Product pages

• Back up your statements. Again, you mention that the facial steamer is the best of beauty by Allure magazine. When I did a search though, I couldn’t find it mentioned anywhere. You need to back that up with a link.
    LuckyDanny_0-1605820575421.png
  • Let’s talk about what’s good - you have a lot of images and details about home shipping. Link to the appropriate page for the refund policy, because the “love it or your money back” promise can be pretty vague. I also love the reviews. 
  • This is the first time we’ve seen actual information about the product, from the technology to the use. However, there is so much information here that it’s hard to read. A dedicated product guide would be more helpful than trying to ask visitors to read it all on one page and then make a decision. It may be easier to link the two and help them learn about the product.

Wrapping it up

• Your store has a lot of promising opportunities to grow, starting with finding out more about your visitors. 
  • Watch how visitors move around your store and ask them directly for what information is missing. 
  • The foundation here is solid, and now you get to tweak it to perfection.

I can’t wait to see how your sales explode. When you understand what your visitors experience and need, you can make those changes that result in more sales and happier customers.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes