Good Traffic. Zero Sales - Storm-related products

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

According to my Shopify report, since being  launched (about 2 weeks now), my store has had 1300+ visitors... but not 1 add to cart.

Since my store sells storm-related products and this is 'storm season' I am thoroughly confused. Discouragement and disappointment is creeping in.

Please take a look at my site and give any insight that may help. Brutal honesty, please. 

www.stormproshop.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1758 110 317

This is an accepted solution.

Dear Steady_Progress,

Congratulations for your store!

Hope following suggestions will help you:

• Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

stormspace.png

• Have a clear header bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Add social profiles at footer

stromtext.png

• Add Custom search
  • Add to Cart icon
  • Add Custom Slider with Call to Action
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page 
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Add Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Do some ON PAGE SEO and Index all your products at Google
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 27 100

Hello @Steady_Progress,

I've taken a look at your store. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Instead of listing all the products under the 'SHOP NOW' header menu, add product sub-categories(collections) in the header menu so that the products will be well organized and easy to go to each section from any page.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
6. Contact Us link is added twice in the footer. Keep only one.
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
11. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
12. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

Thanks Dropperstop,

Clearly, I have some work to do. Your explanations were clear and concise. Looks like I have some more 'tweaking' to do rather than 'a complete overhaul'.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

Dear MS-WEB-DESIGNER,

Thanks for your review of my site. It is clear that you have a 'trained eye' for web design and subtle elements that make the whole shopping experience better. My site header does seem spaced out but I assumed that it was not fixable. The "Add to Cart" feature is also another element of my store that seems understated. I will consider adding some pages for additional features to boost buyer confidence as suggested.  Should have come to you when I first thought about creating my site. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

Hi Jeena (MansionEcom),

Thanks for the concise listing of recommendations. Amazing to me how many subtle elements go into making a successful eStore.

Creating my Shopify store was my top priority. Later, it became apparent that I should create a Facebook, Instagram and TikTok page to help boost traffic but I never thought about going back to my Shopify site to update it with that information. Great point. 

I like the point about adding filters and sorting because it takes me a while to find certain products on my own site. The problem has been that Shopify's definition of 'Categories' seems to be completely different from my definition of categories. So, I guess it's time to hire a Shopify Partner and get the expert help needed. 

Thanks for the info about 'flare' tool. I'll certainly check it out and let you know what I think. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 82

Hey @Steady_Progress,

Here are some quick pointers for increased conversions

1. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.

2. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. (For example, Amazon adds social proof by adding badges like "Amazon's choice" and according to reports, they get an increased conversion rate of 25%.) Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here - it's free)

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 8.41.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-19 at 12.55.19 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-19 at 11.59.02 AM.png

Hope this helps.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3
Hi Fayzmo,
Thanks for your observation. There's certainly quite a bit of tweaking that
may help my site. I checked out the stickers/trust badges and will consider
including them.
Thanks again.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Steady_Progress,  

I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.

There's a lot of the process we can't see.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• getting you started on tracking data
  • taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics and areas that could cause issues
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes