Good social media growth but low sales

Solved
5 0 0
Hi Everyone

My shopify store Furbelow has been open for a year and a half. I have worked very hard at my social media marketing on Instagram and FB and it has paid off in the sense that I have 12400 followers on Instagram and over 4000 followers on FB. But my traffic on my shop is low and I hardly make any sales via Shopify . I am tearing my hair out, I don’t know what else to do to actually sell. I would appreciate any advice . www.furbelowshop.com and for Instagram and FB @Furbelowshop. Thank you
0 Likes

Success.

Hi @Furbelowshop 

I can't remember the correct numbers but I read a article while ago about someone who had something like 26,000 Instagram followers and couldn't sell 36 shirts. It's not all about the likes and "following" I would add true value to your followers. Solve the problems they have write and blog and find a way to get them to your site to read them. Build a real connection. 

Color: I think to much is going on. You need to have less color on your website. I would only have three not including black and white. Your products are colorful and look great. They would really pop if the website had less color. Some area I can't even read on my laptop. 

Blog: Love this. I would solve the problems in your niche and link articles from social to add value. 

Home Page: Needs to flow better. I would do this. 

• Slideshow Image x 1 only ( your best picture ) 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( the magazine you were in would be great here ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 max ) 
  • Blog Posts 

Overall some awesome parts to your website. I love the blogs , products and collection list. I'll also email you something that should really help. 

Keep up the good work 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
5 0 0
Thanks so much for your response. I am having a crazy day. I look forward to watching your video a bit later

0 Likes

Social media is about brand building and awareness... not always about driving repeated sales. That is what SEO and paid ads/PPC is for. Here are some ways to make your store even better as I'm seeing lots of little things that add up to a bad experience.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the text in your footer is hard to read with the green background and yellow hue text. This issue is hard to read text because of font colour choice is a big issue on your site. For your blog, your have green front text with a yellow background. You need to re-work your colour choices to make your UX better

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

4. Your logo could be bigger to make it easier to see and read
    5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. This is a huge area you could improve on.

Your store needs some work around design and colour choices as well as SEO.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes

@Furbelowshop wrote:
Thanks so much for your response. I am having a crazy day. I look forward to watching your video a bit later

No dramas at all. Happy to help. 

0 Likes
Explorer
258 17 71

Hi Furbelow

Your store looks really cool .Here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.

1. In the UI part, You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  2. Throughout I felt difficult to read the because font colors are too sharp.
  3. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently bought products/Clicked products on your product page.
  4. The default search landing page https://furbelowshop.com/search?q=&type=product is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  5. Lastly, You have decent amount of products and page loads vertically. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Clayton

Thank you very very much for the detailed video you did on the changes I can make to my website. They all make absolute sense and will be giving it a go.

Best

Bryony

0 Likes

@Furbelowshop wrote:

Hi Clayton

Thank you very very much for the detailed video you did on the changes I can make to my website. They all make absolute sense and will be giving it a go.

Best

Bryony

Hi Bryony 

No dramas at all. Happy to help. Shoot me a email sometime I'd love to see how you're going. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

0 Likes
5 0 0

thank you so much for your very useful input

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

thank you very much !!

0 Likes