Good traffic but no conversions - please help review my store!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shopifiers!

We are happy to have seen good traffic on our store www.historly.se since we launched 2 weeks back but still: no conversions/purchases other than friends and family. Can we please get you guys' review of our store please? How can we increase our conversion rate? 

Ps. we sell posters and frames for homes with historical motifs in Sweden. All language is in Swedish but I am sure you'll get a good impression of what is there and hopefully what can be changed /improved anyway.AD 1 Historly.jpg 

Truly appreciate it!

Big thanks in advance!

/Hanna

0 Likes

Hi Hanna

Good store so far....here is what jumps out at me to possible tweak. One thing to keep in mind is even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

Homepage Feedback

1. I didn't know there was a video at the bottom of your homepage the first time... does not jump out at me. There is a bit of empty space here and there on the site that could be tweaked

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Art Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. I would try to have all your images be the same size on your collection pages.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
316 18 37

Hey @hannahedin 

You have a great collection of frames. It's looking very unique. For more conversions, I would suggest you to make your store more interactive that will help you to engage your visitors and convert them into paying customers. 

For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement and retention. You can entice your customers by giving loyalty and reward points on activities like on daily visits, when they sign up, allowing for push notifications, leaving a review, on making a purchase and many more which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have a stunning collection in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. 

Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
1 Like
Trailblazer
636 39 148

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for e-commerce.

2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 47 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://historly.se/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Shopify Partner
71 5 25

Hello Hanna, 

The products and the overall feeling of your store seem very classy. I really enjoyed browsing through your products. A couple of things that you can change/add are: 

• I would bring the About Us link from the top left menu to the footer section as it feels natural to find it there too. You can put it between the Contact Us and Privacy Policy links 
  • It would be nice to have a section on your home page with some selected eye-catching products. This would be more enticing for your customers.
  • I would also advise you to look around for some apps that could boost your sales, like Discount on store exit apps (https://apps.shopify.com/discount-on-leave) Let's also not forget that the holiday season is upon us as well as Black Friday, you may want to offer some discounts here and a good labeling app would also help you a lot in this, like Product Labels & Badges https://apps.shopify.com/isenselabs-label-maker)
  • You can also offer discount codes upon subscribing to your newsletter. A lot of Shopify stores are doing that. 
  • I see that the social media links that are located in your footer are opening in a separate window which is a good thing, so you can leave that as it is.

I hope this feedback will help you. :)  

1 Like

Dear hannahedin,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Design can be more better and organized

3. Optimize your each product landing page

4. Do E-mail marketing

5. Use Dynamic product re targeting in Ads

There are other areas you need to work

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for helping me out, I really appreciate all the great feedback i´ve gotten!

I have updated the website and tried to take most of your feedback into consideration.

What do you think? check out www.historly.se , is there anything else I can do to increase conversion even more?

Kind regards

Hanna

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
389 20 77

Hi @hannahedin 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

One thing to consider is adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

One thing to consider is adding an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes

Hi Hanna 

Keep up the good work. I'm sure if you keep working on the website you will get sales. Great job so far.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Inspire Small Business #inspire

www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes
Trailblazer
636 39 148

Thank you for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes