Google Customer Reviews and Properties

3 0 0

Hi all

I'm hoping to get some help on adding Google customer reviews to my site, to keep a long post short I have a merchant account and got the code from Google. I was able to paste it into the additional scripts section of Shopify checkout and the opt in box now shows after a purchase has been made on my site.

However the details on the opt in box show the incorrect properties, it says "Can Google email you (customer.email) a short 1 minute survey etc etc.

I have tried every property I can find for getting the customer email to show such as customer_email, order.email, email_address  so that Google imports this data from Shopify and shows it in the opt in box.

It seems Shopify have changed their tags for this kind of data over the years as the other parts of the code from Google also seem to either not work or not show at all.

I'll put below my current Google code and what I've been trying.

Has anyone got an up to date version of this that actually works? Am I doing something wrong!?

<script>
window.renderOptIn = function() {
window.gapi.load('surveyoptin', function() {
window.gapi.surveyoptin.render(
{
// REQUIRED FIELDS
"merchant_id": (My merchant ID goes here),
"order_id": "order_number",
"email": "customer.email",
"delivery_country": "GB",
"estimated_delivery_date": "{{ created_at | date:'%s' | plus:345600 | date:'%F' }}"
});
});
}
</script>

0 Likes
3 0 0

No one got any help for this?

0 Likes