Hello @Vintage54la, here are some ways to make your store more professional:
- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.
- Add categories in the catalog option like dresses, tops & blouses, etc.
- Add reviews on the homepage/ product page.
- You should work on the product page. Refer to some stores for this and build a professional product page.
- Add a footer menu.
- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
You need to engage your visitors coming to your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Congratulations, Love your products!
Some things I noticed your could consider tweaking are:
a) When I place my cursor on a product, it disappears, and the name and price shows up. Instead, if you could make it so when i place my cursor on the product it becomes larger, maybe it would catch the eye better.
b) Add an About us or a contact page on the tab, where you can tell them all about yourself.
c) A chat bot is a good idea and will help you gain important customer insight.
That is all from me, Happy Selling!
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
First off, I really like your products. Clothing is a saturated niche but you have really set yourself apart in the market by the types of clothing you have chosen.
My first recommendation is to make it clear somewhere on your homepage banner (whether that is through a photo or text, or both) that you sell 70's nightlife clothing. You have it in the text below the banner but it is teeny tiny, you want to make that information super clear upon landing.
My next few suggestions are specific to the theme you've chosen. The hover effect is cool but I don't think it is the best experience for the customer. They would need to hover over every single image just to see a price. Your prices are great, it's a selling point and currently that selling point is hidden:
Next, when you click on an individual product, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
Best of luck!
Have seen your site and I think you can improve many things on your site.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- There're some parts that you need to change here:
+ You should have a logo on the top. It will have to be smaller than now.
+ On the space for the logo now, you need to have a meaningful message and have a CTA button.
+ The menu should have more navigation parts. Like "About Us", "FAQs", etc.
+ Maybe you can use a more related image.
- I think you need to make this section look more outstanding. For example, you can bold the title.
- You can add Quickview or Quickshop buttons to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
- If you have an Instagram account, you can consider having an Instagram gallery for your site. This will help you show the Instagram content.
Check this app if you want to have one: Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
- On your product pages, you should add:
+ The Quantity section
+ Detailed description
+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods. Like product bundle.
- In the future, if you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.
Hope this helps!