HELP... Feedback on my store.

Solved
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
808 0 57

I wouls like to know if there is a was to make my products rotate ? I loaded some of my best products first and and now they are on the last page ? Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, lol. If not please direct me to the right place, thanks. Oh and i would love some feedback as well, I am currently working on a blog, any advice you have for me i will take. 

https://blingdogbeds.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1060 50 316

Hey do you mean a rotating carousel - as a featured collection on the homepage? I know that some of the templates come with this feature as a default, or you can add an app to get the same effect; https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=carousel&st_source=

I also noticed that the main products link in your top menu goes to the empty collection - make sure to update it. 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi @Anonymous,

Nick here from Shopify. Great work on launching your store. Launching and going live is half the battle of taking the first big step. I did see some things you could add to your store to help take it to the next level. Let's take a look at them below: 

• I noticed there weren't any social media logo's on the store at all. Do you have any social media channels set up yet? If not, I would suggest setting up at least a couple and the channels which suit you and your business. Instagram for example due to the nature of your business is one I would suggest. People love dog pictures on Instagram and now with being able to sell via Instagram (as long as you meet the requirements), it has made it a great asset to any store. Once you have created some social media channels you can add them to the footer of your store. You can add them by taking the following steps in your store admin: Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media
  • I also noticed there was no favicon in the browser tab. A favicon can help add an extra layer of branding to your store for when people are searching online with multiple tabs and create new ones. It also adds more legitimacy and brand trust for customers. You have a great logo with the paw print and the letter "B" and it would be a shame to not take advantage of that. You also don't need to edit any code to add a favicon and do so by taking similar steps to the social media icons: Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. 19-07-vrf4a-vcu9b
  • Another store addition which could work for you is adding a blog. A blog will help add stories to your store as well as give people another excuse to look at and read more about dogs. It will also add to your SEO and give an experience feeling to the store, in the sense that the customer feels like they are getting some value for nothing which could encourage them to take the next step and purchase something. Shopify has a helpful article about how a blog adds value to your store and how to add one, which you can read here
  • I read your "About Us" page and think it's good but that you could add a little more to it. By adding a picture or a video to give a visual and something cute to help draw people in more. Shopify's partners Oberlo made a YouTube tutorial about how to make the perfect About Us page which you can see below as well as the content team writing a blog post on how to write a persuasive About Us page here

There's a lot of information above but hopefully at least of it resonates with you and is helpful. 

All the best, Nick

P.S. As @Rockpapercopy mentions also, can you elaborate what you mean exactly by having your products rotate?

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
808 0 57

Thank you. And yes I am not sure what it is called.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
808 0 57

Thank you Nick. I added my social media icons. And my fav icon. I will be working on my About us page soon and i am currently working on a blog

1 Like