HELP! Great traffic but, No sales

Chrisulrich310
1 0 0

Hi community,

I am having a hard time converting traffic and sessions to sales.  My sessions per day is growing steadily however,  no one is purchasing.   What am I doing wrong? Or am I just impatient?  I am not quite a month into having a shop!

Chris

www.cnloutdoors.com

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

Hi @Chrisulrich310,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on launching your first store and taking the leap! You've done a great job and made a great start, however, I do have some feedback that I feel may help.

20-09-oxwh5-zb8e1

The design of your store is naturally important. Here's a blog post focusing on human-centered design. For starters, consider making your logo bigger, because you certainly don't want visitors struggling to read it!

Also, consider the importance of Information Architecture. It's up to you to help commandeer your visitors' attention, directing them to the important stuff. One way to do this is to change font sizes and even colors. There's more on this here.

Can you simplify your mission statement? Whittle it down to the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money? For example, Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy". Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

If you could also include that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors, all the better. Try completing this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Also, try adding a favicon. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:

20-09-n53n1-7qu2e

If you're using a Shopify theme you can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

20-09-mqs0f-9yn7i

I hope this all helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Chris, your site looks great, but you have different types of products under the same brand. If you want to try direct mail-in marketing to engage some of your customers you may want to look at this link. 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Ecommerce-Marketing/Mail-in-Marketing-to-promote-your-brand-FREE-Sam...

-Hygidots

Hygidots
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
925 25 309

Welcome to Shopify!

1. Add a favicon

2. I love your logo - very unique and interesting. 

3. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

4. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

5. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

6. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

7. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes