HELP! I HAVE OVER 1,000 VISITORS AND NO SALES

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I launched a month ago, have a very specific niche "Law of Attraction apparel and accessories" I have been doing FB, Pinterest & Insta ads. My newsletter list has doubled in the last week, but I still have zero sales. Please look at my site and give me an honest opinion and recommendations. I have a very limited budget and can't continue with the ads. Any feedback is appreciated!

bonnela.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 1 3

Hi, @moniatbonnela 

What a beautiful store you've set up here! Your pictures are crisp and clear, your descriptions are concise and the colour scheme is fantastic. I also had a chance to do a test purchase and there doesn't appear to be any problems with the user-interface.

I understand how frustrating it can be when conversions are low, even if you've hit all the right notes in regards to building a professional website. One thing to keep in mind is that sales don't come immediately and that ads need to be kept running to help build brand awareness. Have you been engaging your audience on Facebook and Instagram by doing things such as creating quality content, and liking/commenting on things?

Also, have you had a chance to look at our Shopify Blogs regarding converting clicks to sales? The content is great and geared towards some strategies on how to encourage conversion. I recommend you take a look at the following:

- Driving Traffic but No Sales? Here's How to Diagnose and Improve Your Store 
- 7 Bots to Help Automate Your Business (and Get More Done, Faster)
- Product Page Tune-Up: 9 Timeless Ways to Increase Conversions 
- 17 Best Price Comparison Engines to Increase Ecommerce Sales 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Javier | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - ¿Te resultó útil mi respuesta? Dale Me gusta para hacérmelo saber 
 - ¿Resolvimos tu pregunta? Dale a Aceptar como solución
 - Para saber más visita el Centro de ayuda de Shopify o nuestro Blog de Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @moniatbonnela 

You guys have created a great store and a brand that not only looks great, but one that I can see grow. Congrats to Stan and yourself. 

With regards to sales, the reality is that it usually takes some time for prospective customers to become customers. If you acquire customers via social media advertising then that timeline can be a bit longer. Any prospective customer will want to get comfortable with you and the brand first. The fact that you have an 'about' section is a good start to get the relationship started. 

That you have a blog section is also good but given it is empty, customers have no idea about your thinking around your brand. This is a massive missed opportunity. I would say starting blogging about the brand, your beliefs to fashion and your message and you will start to see traction sure enough as people start to resonate with you. 

Then lets talk about target market. Have you got clear in your mind who this is? Gender, age, profession, location etc. If you can think through who your avatar is it makes it easier not only for doing social advertising but also for when you do your blogging as you are then writing for them. And when 'they' come to your store, they will be more engaged and aligned with you, hence compelled to buy. 

The final thing from me is about customer reviews. Just having a plug-in that passively collects reviews for you is not enough as it doesn't give this critical part of your business enough focus. You need to be actively collecting reviews that are insightful that can help you move your business forward. You need to be responding to them to show greater engagement with customers, and addressing issues with negative reviews. Then you need to be able to garner insights from them to decide on company strategy. If you want to supercharge growth of your business by addressing reviews correctly then you can find us here

I hope this helps. 

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1456 90 312

Hey Bonne La,

The search landing page is disabled. Apart from that, Home button should be added to the beginning of the main menu to make it look complete and logical. Some other improvements to be done regarding store optimization are as follows:

1. The logo should be shifted to the left while, the main menu to the center for a more systematic header look.
  2. The correct order of arrangement of sidelinks on the top right of the header is as follows: Account, search, cart and currency converter.
  3. The correct order of the arrangement of the footer links in the "Information Section" of the footer is as follows: Shipping, Returns, FAQ, Blog, About Us and Contact Us.
  4. A single newsletter is sufficient for the latest discounts and promotional updates instead of multiple ones.
  5. Testimonials are a must for instant brand promotion.
  6. You should add Terms and Conditions like Privacy policy, Terms of service etc as these also help in building search engine content. 
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store starts receiving a lot of sales through store optimization.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Javier,

Thank you for your comments and great feedback!

I went through the blog links you sent and found them very insightful.

I'm a little bit shy when it comes to writing a blog, I don't think it's my strength, but I also know that it's needed, so it's top of the list.

Also, I realized that maybe my homepage hero image is not clear enough, maybe adding some text where I say "Law Of Attraction Fashion" could help.

I re-worked the newsletter pop-up and made it more dynamic with a GIF and created new text.

As far as FB and Ista. I have been posting regularly and have been doing some ads in both and also Pinterest. That's how I've gotten the traffic.

What I realize is that I might be targeting the wrong people, I have to narrow down my scope, that's my guess there. 

In one of the links you sent, I read about Instagram bots and will be giving one of those a try to up the number of interactions on this platform.

I do have a question for you. 

Some of the feedback I've received stress that I should have reviews posted on my site, the only problem is I have no sales yet, so how can I post reviews?

Are fake reviews expected?

I appreciate your help, Javier!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your insights and feedback!

The blog has been a task I've not been good at tackling, I find the prospect of writing very daunting. I don't have the resources to hire a writer so I have to muster the courage to do it myself. I totally agree this is a missed opportunity, especially in my niche. Law Of Attraction and personal growth are vast in resources to share.

As far as my target market I have a good idea but it needs some tweaking, I did some FB and Insta ads that have given me insights that I plan on using in y next round of ads.

I love the idea of having reviews on the site, the only problem is I have no sales, how can I post any reviews?

I appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes