HELP...feedback on my store needed

Solved
thecreativecove
Tourist
4 0 7
I need help with my store. I'm getting traffic through my social media sites but no sales. Im not sure if it's the layout or what? Please take a look and give me constructive feedback.
THANKS!!!
www.thecreativecove.com
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
215 39 66

Hi,

Yeah,confirm is the layout.

For your products i recommend Canopy theme from Shopify.Your current theme need major customisations to make it.

So i recommend buy Canopy theme cheaper.

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hey thecreativecove!

I can tell you’ve put a lot of work into your store, and it shows! Let’s see what we can update to really bring in those sales.

First, the fast fixes: 

• Add a favicon
  • Open the social media links in a new tab rather than the same tab
  • Make sure all of your email addresses are linked (i.e., the one in the footer, your about page)

Homepage
I’m not a big fan of rotating hero images, and this is no exception. A static image with a CTA will be less distracting and more beneficial to your store. From a structure standpoint, it’s a very long page. Do you use heatmaps (to see where people click or scroll)? This is a place where I would use a scroll heatmap to see where people are falling off. 

Who is your target audience? If you’re dealing with newbies at all, I wouldn’t use brands as categories. Prima Products and Dixie Belle Paint Products don’t mean anything to me, but I do know what paint, stencils and sealants are. 

What if you featured three collections on the homepage: 

• To Create
  • Created
  • For Creating

Part of the reason for this is because when I first came to your website, I was confused. I saw paint supplies but also finished decor. Once I started poking around, I understood it. However, it can be a little confusing. 

Navigation

On your menu bar, why not add drop-down options to all of your menu selections? It would let customers find their products faster and easier. Use click heatmaps to see what people think - do you visitors prefer specific collections? 

I see your handcrafted products have a ton of filters. I would go through them and shorten it up. For example, do you need both "gift and gifts? Shirt and shirts? Totes and totes by Laurie R? 

How about organizing them by more generic categories, like soap, cooking, clothing, jewelry, decor, bags/storage and wedding? Look at your products and see what you can do! Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people use your categories now and use that to drive your next changes. 

The same goes with your guides. I love that you have it, but I don’t think it’s in the best arrangement to be helpful. Think of different categories to help segment the options. 

Also, ask a poll question of, “was this article helpful?” to evaluate your efforts. 

Product pages
For your paint supplies, I would really go big. Cross-sell with helpful tools (i.e., add those spatulas to the Dixie Belle Mud) and add a video to show how to use it. Assume people on your site know nothing about paint, and make it easier for them to see how to use it. 

For created products, there were spacing issues in the description every now and then. Jewelry in particular needs to have the chain length added (or even have the ability to customize the length). 

In general though, make sure you have shipping costs up front. Customers do NOT like surprises. 

Engaging customers
Add live chat to your site. When people have questions, they want answers quickly. Emailing you with questions takes them off of your site and requires extra work on their part.

Instead, offer live chat. You can answer their questions while they are still on your website. Plus you can set up auto invites to send chat invitations for visitors who may need help, such as those who didn’t checkout within two minutes of adding a product to their cart or spent more than 45 seconds on a page. It’s automatic and engaging, meaning you can save the sale of someone who otherwise wouldn't have reached out. 

I know it sounds like a lot, but really it all comes to one thing: your visitors. If you can understand how they use your website now and what they experience, you can use that insight to make effective changes. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, polls, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Good luck, thecreativecove! Happy tracking :-)

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

HI @thecreativecove 

To be honest, you need more work done design-wise and functionality-wise.  Try to imagine if you were a customer what would you want to see on a site. Probably nice aesthetics, professionalism, convenient layout of information, many options and user-friendliness. 

In your case, a lot of the job will be done if you switch to a different theme. It does not have to be expensive. There are a lot of great vendors on Themeforest that offer amazing themes for somewhere around 29 USD. It is important t invest into a theme because it also affects the site speed. 

Now that we have the overall critique out of the way, here are some detailed recommendations on each step: 

1) Give information about your website right away. On the hero banner add a sentence that says what you do. 

2)Add a favicon 

3)Add product descriptions 

4) Add more options 

5) Try to compare your pricing with the prices on the market 

6) Use same size images in similar placeholders

7)Reduce the size of the navi bar and header menu 

8) Add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts and more just in one click check out Growave

Good luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
thecreativecove
Tourist
4 0 7
Thanks Danny!! I am going to take your advice on several things!
0 Likes