HI. I am looking for feedback on our subscription store. My url is www.marilyns.gift.

7 0 0

Hi.  

I would love to get some feedback on my website/store.  My website is www.marilyns.gift and we are a subscription gift box business that delivers products on a quarterly basis.  Thank you in advance for taking a look and providing feedback.

Cheryl 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 8

Hi there, 

I had a look at your site and these opinions are coming from a 24-year-old female student. 

I think the idea of your subscription boxes are really sweet and its definitely something I would purchase for my grandparents. 

But there are some things to consider:

- are they for both grandparents or just for your grandmother?

- do we get to include a short card or letter with the subscription?

- have you guys done a lot of market research into what really the people in your target audience wants from their loved ones?

- for example, is it possible that sending something like a birthday box with bday cone without an actual party planned to be more upsetting than happy to receive?

- i would consider making boxes with only food as well in case grandparents get tired of receiving items that they probably won't use and just store it in their storage boxes. 

-  the How it Works pages need more work on, eg larger image and more detail in the entire process of the subscription from the payment of the customer to the details of it being delivered to the receiver.

other than those points, i love the Home page and the logo!

Goodluck!

Shopify web designer
0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks so much for your feedback.  We do have the ability to send personal notes on our site.  I will look in to some of the other ideas you suggested.  Again, thanks.  Cheryl

0 Likes
Astronaut
774 48 175

Hey Marilyns,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add some more social links for better connectivity.
  4. Also, You have around 3 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://marilyns.gift/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Why should I buy from you over anyone else in this niche ? 

Hi Cheryl 

Your Home Page, Product Page and Checkout are the three most important pages on your website and here are some ways to improve them. 

Home Page: This page needs to flow well. I would lay it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Testimonials 
  • Products (3)
  • Something Interesting (maybe about)
  • Instagram Feed (only if you have nice images)

Product Page: You want this page to build trust and have all the information a visitor needs to know to convert into a sale. I would add. 

• Testimonials and/or reviews 
  • Product Tabs (shipping,refund,terms,FAQ's)
  • Similar Items 
  • Youtube video (someone reviewing you product if possible)

Checkout: It's very important to add your logo here and have the colors consistent with your website. 

Overall you have done a great job and I love your logo and about page. I'll send you a more detailed review now also. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes

Dear chg,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

User Experience:

Optimize your page loading speed for Mobile

Go for other design

Home Page:

Add Collection List
Add Testimonials
Add Popular Products

Product Page

Add Testimonials
Find out some features here to improve your product page

Footer Menu

Add FAQ Page
Add Policy Pages
More find here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/footer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
Shopify Marketplace: https://experts.shopify.com/ms-webservices
0 Likes

Hi Cheryl! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have a great niche - and it’s a great season for gift giving right now.

When it comes to the homepage, your header area is taking a lot of space on the screen - almost half of the “above the fold area”:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 07.28.08.png

Consider reducing its size by swapping the paragraph in the corner with a one-line top promo bar [you can mention the same info]. This will automatically lift the website content up the page and allow your visitors to browse comfortably.

Top Menu - consider featuring the link to your products as a first link [right after Home]. It will help you boost your conversion rate, as the first links get the most clicks. You can then move About us page after store link. Consider also renaming “Boxes” to “Shop” - it’s a stronger call to action, prompting people to click and shop, which will help you boost sales.

The products on the homepage look very appealing and I love how you describe your business - very appealing to your target audience.

Products - as you have a mix of products in each box, it’s worth giving an idea of the items included in each box. It will help your visitors to visualize what’s included. Even if your products change in each box, you can have a list of 3 sample products’ sets. Otherwise, the visitors feel like they don’t really know what’s in the box and might hesitate when buying it - even when looking at the image it’s difficult to guess if you’re not familiar with the items. Making this easy will delight your customers and will help you boost your sales even more.

About us page - it’s great content. It builds a rapport with the visitors - consider also adding more info as to what inspired you to start this business, and how Marilyn is connected to you, as it will help you engage with your audience even further. 

Your SEO is on a good level, which is excellent. I recommend working on the image alt tags - that’s also a great way to improve your SEO and get found in Google image search catalog:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 07.48.30.png

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 07.49.40.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

The MOZ Pro site crawl found that the main SEO issues are with the meta descriptions being too long - please make sure to fix that [keep the meta description below 165 characters], oterwise it might affect how your website displays in the search results:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 08.00.46.png

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
442 19 51

I think you need to work on the home page itself. The header is occupying a lot of space. Reduce the size and adjust the slider image in the first fold. 

In order to make your store eye-catchy, you need to work on the store and make it look professional.

Since you have a few products in your store I would suggest you focus on the home page layout. Add some videos related to your product. It will create a classic home page. I wanted to get back to what it means to build a website. Of course, your homepage is the shop window for your e-commerce business. So, naturally, you want to build a “beautiful” website. However, as you’re selling just one product, you’ll really have to make the most of your page.

The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site.

• Your prospect's attention span is short, so you have to be quick on the ball. You have got 3-5 secs to grab the attention of your visitors by clearly stating what you sell. Adding a carousel with your features products can help you to achieve that.

• Your home page does not look professional at all. You need to follow this layout-

1. Slideshow Image 

2. Collection List 

3. Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page ) 

4. Newsletter Sign Up 

5. Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4.

• Work on the footer. The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc.

• Make sure you add your contact details on the contact us page. It will help in trust-building.

• You can use web-push notifications. Web Browser Push Notification is undoubtedly an effective marketing communication channel and what sets this apart from other marketing methods is that it is not restricted to marketing and promotional purpose only. It can be used to deliver useful information, abandoned cart alerts, order status updates, product back-in-stock alerts, etc.

• You need to work on product description as well.

Once done all the improvements start using engagement tools to capture and captivate your customers. I would like to know about your customer engagement strategies. AiTrillion is a single marketing platform that performs all the marketing functions efficiently. It has everything that an eCommerce store owner needs like Web push notification, Email Marketing, Loyalty Rewards, Reviews, Pop-ups, Announcement Bar and other advanced features like Workflow Automation, Customer Timeline and Ai Predictions orchestrated under one umbrella. It will not only optimize your speed but will also keep your data safe. It is easy to manage. You can take a free demo, to book it click here.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks so much for your feedback.  We will be taking some of your recommendations into consideration.  We may want to reach out to you as we continue to improve our store.  Again, thank you.  Cheryl

0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks so much for your thoughtful input into how we can improve our store.  I watched your video and will think about what needs to be done next.  I may reach out to you for some assistance as you appear to be very knowledgeable in how to draw more people to the store.  Thanks again for your input.  Cheryl

0 Likes