HIGH TRAFFIC, NO SALES!?!

Highlighted
2 0 1

Currently I am having a 100+(currently 700 total) in my store a day but haven't made 1 sale and have only had 3 active carts. I would appreciate it if someone could check out my store and tell me whats wrong. Bounce rate is also over 50%.

ralosca1c.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @Vanyarin21!  

I am sorry for your frustrations. It’s painful to see that you have traffic but no sales. This is a really common issue. My colleague covered this topic on a recent Website Analysis video, if you want to check it out.

A few thoughts pop into my head when I hear this issue:

1. 1. Are you targeting the right audience? You didn’t mention paid campaigns, but in general I wonder if you’re missing that target audience.
  2. What are people doing on the site once they land on it? This is where visitor behavior in heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) combine to let you see what they do and why they left. 

Watch that first impression for visitors. When I first landed on your website, your chat button was covered by your live sales pop-up:

LuckyDanny_0-1597863647253.png

It’s a little thing that can make a huge difference. 

Jumping into your homepage…

• Banner: Link the banner, and consider changing it from FAST shipping to FREE shipping. FAST shipping is great, but your visitors may be more interested in FREE shipping.
  • Brand colors: I don’t normally talk about brand colors, but in this case it’s necessary. I like the coral, hot pink, and gray combinations. That’s not bad, but the hot pink font on the gray text is not working. It’s impossible to read. 
  • Hero image: Limit your hero image to one rather than multiple images. Also, test different messaging to see if it can encourage visitors to click. Use a click heatmap to see which one has a higher click rate. 
  • In general, I’m not sure separating your homepage by collection is working. Watch session recordings to see how people are using your page. Especially with a high bounce rate, it may be too much to cram onto one page. 
  • Your lingerie feature isn’t built out and only has default images and collection titles. 
  • Partner Products: I get why you’re using partners, but this is a bit much. Especially if you’re dealing with a higher bounce rate, this isn’t helping. There are two rows of products, I would test out the longer-term viability of it. If this is how you’ve been generating traffic, you may also want to compare it to other campaigns (i.e., Facebook,  Google PPC, etc.). Even if it’s been the main driver of your traffic, it’s not helping you build sales if it’s not attracting the right traffic. If you are going to use it, be selective on what pages it shows on. It shouldn’t be on all of your pages, especially on pages on your footer. 

Footer

• About Us: I would add some more information about YOU. Why did you start it? Were you tired of having to hunt across multiple stores for your deals? Also, there are some spacing issues.
  • Contact Us: Add in a welcome message and include your email address in case they want an alternative way to contact you. 
  • FAQs: Link your email address
  • Privacy policy: Link your URL and email address
  • Shipping policy: As you look at your visitors, see how many are from outside of the US. If so, update your shipping policy to reflect this and add in a currency localization app.  
  • Terms of service: Link your email address 
  • Newsletter: Add some value, like a discount.

Navigation

• What’s the difference between Womens Fashion and Womens Clothes? Those two seem the same to me. Should it be Accessories and Clothing instead? Or Accessories and Fashion (instead of Clothes)? 
  • Check click heatmaps to see how people are using your navigation here. If you have a higher volume of mobile traffic, I would keep the contact details on the main navigation as well. 

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the Womens Clothes collection.

• Let’s talk about those filters. They aren’t really very helpful. Remember, I’m in clothes. There are some really repetitive options (Lace Lingerie, Lingerie, Mesh Lingerie) and filters that wouldn’t be helpful here (Beauty Products, Womens Clothes, Womens Fashion). I would focus on filters for things like dresses, lingerie, tops, bottoms, etc. 
  • Additionally, add in filters for price, material, style, etc.  
  • Depending on what your visitors do while on your site, watch session recordings of people using your collection pages. What are they experiencing? 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the CASUAL SUMMER CLOTHES FOR WOMEN.

• Before anything, make sure there’s shipping information here. If there’s free shipping, make it clear here.
  • Update the color drop-down. Color-10 means nothing to a visitor. “White” would.
  • Stop the rotating images. When a color is selected, it jumps to it for a few seconds before scrolling. That makes it difficult to see what is selected. I was able to get the auto rotating to stop by scrolling down the page, but that doesn’t help if someone just wants to place an order. 
  • Sizing: You’re missing a size chart, and the order of the sizes is weird. It shouldn’t jump around.
  • Make your Buy It Now button stand out more. Use one of those brand colors that will stand out. 
  • “Deal of the day” - whoa! This is the first time it was mentioned. If you watch recordings and see that people are on the fence of buying a product, then sure - consider a Deal of the Day/Special Sale/etc. countdown. If you don’t see a lot of engagement with your products or people not getting to this point, consider removing it to test if it increases the number of people who add products to carts. 
  • Get rid of the “features” aspect. Think about what would help convince a visitor to buy. What may be summer clothes to one visitor may be year-round clothes for another. Reflecting things like age may hurt sales more than it helps. 
  • Add in reviews! Don’t just sync over the five-star reviews; encourage genuine reviews in your post-purchase emails and let customers write their own reviews. 

Live chat - best practices

• I like that you have a live chat, but it’s not engaging customers. It’s a static message sent regardless of what the visitor is viewing. If most visitors don’t make it past the homepage, it may not be an issue that they want a recommendation for. 
  • You have to be available. When I opened it, I was surprised that it invited me to ask a question or tell you what I’m looking for. At the same time, you aren’t available, so I’m asked to give you my phone number or email address. That’s not leaving a good impression. Instead of a chat like this, use an away form that will fill those gaps when you aren't available. As stands now, someone who leaves you a message doesn’t know if you’re going to respond within the next 2 minutes or 24 hours. 
  • Be selective about your chat. I would suggest using auto invites that would trigger when 1) you’re available and 2) someone meets criteria you set, such as someone who didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart. That lets you trigger chat invitations that are unique to that visitor’s behavior rather than a general response. 

You’re on the right path here, and most of the hard work has already been done. You just need to use visitor behavior to evaluate your audience and store to see what’s stopping people from being interested in your products. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I changed things up, can you check it out for me please 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
425 27 127

Hi @Vanyarin21 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.

One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.

If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.

That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  13. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes