Had website for almost 2 years - only one sale! Feedback greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
4 0 0

Suggestions?

gmastores.com

Thanks a million!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @GMAStores,

Are your products from a dropshipping manufacturer?

I see you selling wine purses, backpack purses, mini purses, concealed carry purses, RFID wallets, Totes/Bags, and Scarf Shawl Wrap. One of the most common mistakes people make is starting out with too many products. Ask yourself, out of all these products which one would you most likely buy? For example, if you chose the Diamond Geometric Backpack, find other manufacturers that create different Geometric Backpacks and become the go-to place for them backpacks. 

Good start by creating content on Facebook. You should look into creating an Instagram account and post images regularly to curate your audience. 

You can also tweak your navigation bar. There are too many options and is distracting. You can reduce it to Purses, Wallets, Bags & Accessories and then place them into the correct category.

Most importantly, think about how you can drive traffic to your website. It's all a number game. When you have traffic coming to your store, you have the data to figure out what needs to change in order to have higher conversion rates.

I can help pinpoint and fix the problems preventing you from making your first sale. I also help with Conversion Rate Optimisation: SimplaStartup.com

HarryL | Sushi Lover @ Simpla Startup
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey,

I've just had a quick look over your store. Please excuse me for being brutally honest. Here are a few things I noticed to be causing me negative feelings towards your store.

- No Footer Menu:
this menu is a very important trust component to the website. The link normally located here help build buyer confidence. Be it Shipping details, Return information, Warranty information or even contact details. Very Very Important.

-Messy Main Menu:
The main menu you have at the top of your page is very unprofessional and messy. the way this is laid out instantly makes me feel like this site was jsut thrown together without any care.

Product Images:
Im actually happy you have found isolated images of most of your products. These on collection pages look very clean and professional. What I suggest doing is taking them into a photo editing program and make them all the same dimensions. Have these all different throws out your grid and gives a bad impression. (Good job on product descriptions :) )

Please add a favicon. it's a small thing but has a big impact on how I view stores design.

I will leave it at that for now. 

I hope you don't think I'm being aggressive or trying to attack you or your page. This is just the way I would prefer people to provide me feedback. Clear and concise

Kindest Regards,
Asena.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

I went through your store you need to work on the layout of the home page. 

Your store niche is good, you can make huge money out of it if you work on the home page. Your home page is too small, you can add some sections below collection list like - best selling products, Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page), Newsletter Sign Up, Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4, portray reviews (if any).

Use a favicon. Favicons are the little piece of graphic that represents your brand on browser tabs, bookmark lists, search history, search ads, and even search results. It helps with Branding, easy identification by a user (usability feature), Gives a professional look to the site. 

You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc.

Create an engaging and interactive website. I see engagement missing in your store. I would love to suggest to you what more can be added in order to boost up your sales and low down your bounce rate.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Favicon is missing.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. Add some more social links for better social connectivity.
  6. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  7. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://gmastores.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  8. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I really appreciate your feedback. I'm writing down everyone's suggestions
and going to work on it today.

Brutal honesty is what I was after - thanks again!

Global Marketing Associates
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Thank you for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Any other suggestions?
Gmastores.com
0 Likes