Have traffic but no sales. Need some help please on my website.

distinctbrands
1 0 0

Hi,

I have been struggling the last few months trying to get my Website looking good. Have had a bunch of traffic but only a few sales. Can you please let me know what you think and 

any ideas to help convert more sales. Website is...  www.distinct-brands.com

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to send me any advice at all.

BT

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @distinctbrands,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback. I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

With smart watches, there are already large, well-known companies offering competing product. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. Amazon is also another big competitor.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

Now, if you decide to stick it out with this product, here is what I would recommend:

1. I would tweak your homepage. I feel that the video you have near the bottom belongs at the top in that header area. (PS: store tweaks are a part of our giveaway, so make sure you enter ) Something like this:

reach-large2.jpg

2. I'd do content marketing. Make videos that would appeal to your target audience ie. workouts with a person wearing and using this watch - either on IG reels or TikTok if you want to do shorter videos, or YouTube videos if you want to do longer ones.

3. Spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Again, not trying to discourage you, genuinely want you to succeed.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
215 15 74

Hello @distinctbrands 

Hope you are well. 

If you are worried about not having your traffic converting to sales, then I would say, just hang in there. This process takes a lot of time and millions of Shopify owners are facing the same problem. You can look at some pro tips right here on how to boost sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another thing about traffic is that: you need at be attracting the right audience. If your products cater to, say, females under 40, but the people visiting your site are all males over 50, it generates traffic, but it is not likely to give you any sales. A quick tip is to visit google trends and check which people, what age and what location are looking for your products and place targeted ads accordingly. 

Now, for some feedback on your shop: 

First off, I'd like to put it out there that your store is very neat and eye-catching. Very good job done there. 

Here are some minor tweaks I would suggest: 

Banner: 

make your pictures come automatically in a slide show. It will attract more attention and make people wnat to click your CTA button, if the pictures are in slideshow 

Chatbot: 

Try having a chatbot to answer usual questions as well as gain useful customer insight. 

Sticky header: 

Make your headers stick so that they stay even when the user scrolls down. It will help with navigation and make your site more userfriendly. 

Newsletter:

Have a popup to sign up for the newsletter, as it is too down below, where people may miss it.

Please reach out in case of any questions, and the very best of luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3730 214 663

Hello @distinctbrands, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback about your store:

You should have a wide range of products. Internet shoppers will likely spend more time and more money on your online store if you have a wide variety of products to offer. If you only have a limited range of offerings, you might miss out on making sales.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
926 25 309

Hi @distinctbrands !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

• I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Ali-92
Trailblazer
130 9 47

Hi @distinctbrands 

Your store looks fine and has all ingredients. I would like to give the following suggestions that can help improve the conversion rate.

* Move your video to the header so that the customer gets the value right away. Your branding video is good and it deserves to get more exposure. Market it through your social platforms too.

* Add a live chat widget to the store so that you can greet your customers and answer their queries as well directly.

* Since your product gives a lot of value to its target audience so adding an FAQ page would be a nice addition. FAQs will give your customers valuable information. It will help your SEO too.

* On the products page, writing 2 products seem a little unnecessary. Rather just specific Product names above images would do good.

Ali-92_0-1608024715326.png

* Take advantage of your store traffic and show it on your products. This will boost your potential buyers' confidence. You can install the Trafficly app by Care Cart to implement this feature. 

* Integrate an exit intent pop up mechanism that should engage the customer into something productive and exciting. I can recommend you Wheelify by Care Cart. This will trigger a spin a wheel exit intent pop up game through which the customers can earn discount codes. This strategy will protect your abandoned carts and reduce the bounce rate as well as store exits.

* Collect the email ids of your potential customers so that you can retarget them with email campaigns, cart reminders, and web push notifications. I would suggest integrating Abandoned Cart Recovery by Care Cart to implement this feature.

* Be more active on your social media platforms, add a video to get exposure, and share younger people pics taking advantage of the smartwatch. It's all about branding and connecting the psychographic value of the audience.

Hope this helps in converting traffic. Good Luck

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes