Having problems making sales

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey,

just started a website having some issues making sales, would really appreciate any feed back on my website www.theinstantgym.com

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @Bywee Yuor store has got a powerful look and feel .. but we see that you're not able to grab sales!? Well, first things first .. here is what we suggest - 

1. Because your store is all about 1 product (for now), you need to talk a lot about your product, spread awareness! For this, you should have a Blog section and you need to come up with a number of blogs that revolve around your product! 

2. Your product page is too long! Nobody reads such a lengthy product page. Instead - have a small and attract description of your product and all the other details, you can link it with a blog post! 

3. There is no About Us section . Adding about us will add authenticty to your store. People like to know from where they are about to purchase the product! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce guys with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customisation ; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy! We have helped quite a few entrepreneurs in their journey, and if you need a helping hand, we would be glad to offer one! 

Ps. I'm just a message away! 

Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 34 122

Hey there 

Congratulations on your store. The store design is very clean and minimal which looks great. I have to say that you are headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time. 

I do have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you. 

1. Hero Image - Let it be only one image rather than a rotating carosuel. The viewer does not get time to think if they are interested in the product and it's gone. There are many other reasons why a rorating carousel is not the best option - See here

2. Add a favicon to your website. It gives a complete put together look to the website. 

3. Connect yourself all through social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin,etc. These are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Add their links to your footer. 

4. Since you are a single product website, you need a human touch to the website. Create a blog in which you can add weekly updates for the product that could include some information (eg. workouts that you could do with the bands you sell, etc.) which would improve your credibility considerably. Connect with your audience on a personal level. 

5. You must have a live chat, there is no way around it. If any viewer has any questions, they should be answered when they are on the website. This would descrese the drop rate of the website and if people's problems are solved the conversion rate increases. 

6. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top

7. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store. 

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well. 

And as for urgency - 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
3 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Bywee, your website looks like it has just started, so no worries, there're ample rooms for improvement. I have some quick suggestions on your Home page

1. You should make your cart and search bar sticky so your customers can always see their cart and search wherever they are on your page. Like you see in the gif below, when I scroll down your page, the cart and search disappear. It should always be at the top of your page. GYM.gif

2. Be clearer on what products you will be selling: "Get fit and healthy" is a nice slogan, but not enough to tell your customers what your store is selling. Your photo has yoga ball, resistance band, weight. Are you selling all those products or are they just illustrations? It's always better to clarify. 
  3. More products should be featured on your home page. Right now, you only have one, which is not enough to engage customers. Add more products with eye-catching photos, and categorizing them into collections (Eg: latest, best-selling, on sales, etc) is recommended. 
  4. Add testimonials to improve trustworthiness. 

Hope it helps!

Cheers, 

Richard 

- [Tutorial] How to customize Shopify product page: academy.pagefly.io/customize-shopify-product-pages
- Are you having problems customizing your Shopify pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @Bywee ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
781 64 175

Right now it feels like a starter site. To turn into a professional store:

1) Get a logo, this is key.

2) Remove Home and Catalogue links. Home is not necessary, I would go with something like Shop (or use product categories) instead of Catalogue.
- Add a link to a nice About page, maybe Reviews page, and as mentioned early, a Blog also will be great for driving traffic. (this article will help you dial in a solid blog strategy: speedboostr.com/shopify-blog-strategy)

3) The About Us section on your home page has some grammar errors. You really want to spend time on this (or hire a copywriter) key section and make it perfect. I would also include more personality / differentiating factors why your brand is unique.

4) Your social media links in the footer open in the same tab. External links should open in a new tab so the user doesn't bounce from your site.

Good start, keep at it and make daily enhancements, listen to your customers, be unique, and eventually you'll find yourself with a thriving brand

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
248 14 75

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Bywee !

Welcome to Shopify family and I wish you good luck!

1. Add a favicon

2. Add the CTA  on your hero banner - "SHOP NOW"

3. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand. That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

4. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

5. Add more products and descriptions of them.

6. Add login icon - implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

7. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes