Hello! I'd love some feedback please! Thanks :)

Tourist
9 0 0

I started my shop a couple of weeks ago, without any preparation or planning, so it is very much a work in progress at the moment, as I am juggling family life too :)

The bullk of my products are vintage listings that have been migrated over from Etsy and still need tweaking because they lost all of their formatting in the process, but the new products should all be ok. There are lots of little things I haven't figured out yet, like changing the colour of the footer text, but I'm slowly getting there! 

Any feedback would be great, thank you!

https://kuloko.co

0 Likes
Excursionist
160 6 22

Hi @kuloko 

Nice job on your store, here is my feedback on it.

One thing to consider is adding a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Another thing you might want to add is a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Did you think about adding a return policy. Would you buy from a store if you thought you couldn't return something? Maybe? But it would be helpful to have a return policy.

You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course 

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0

Hey thanks so much for taking a look, I really appreciate it!

Great points about adding FAQ, returns policy & blog: I've been planning to start the blog because I agree, it can really boost a store's visibility so thanks for the nudge. 

I actually thought I already had a returns policy in my t&c's, but maybe I need to make it more visible elsewhere on the site to add reassurance - definitely something I'll check into.

Personally I hate pushy, shouty sites with lots of sales so that's not something I plan to do on a regular basis, although I understand that others see the importance of it. 

How about the visuals? Does anything strike you as being a bit wrong? I'm still fiddling around with the text overlays for example: I really don't like the fuzzy shadowing around the text but I haven't figured out a way to remove it yet. 

Great to get feedback like this, thanks!

0 Likes
Excursionist
26 0 9

Hi @kuloko,

Love your store and products!  I think the next steps for you to improve your store are all about making it easier for customers to navigate to what they want.  In that spirit, I would spend time reorganizing your main nav - you could have all your collections in the top nav without having to click on "search by collection."

Take a look at how some big brands do their navigations for inspiration. 

www.jcrew.com

www.everlane.com

www.modcloth.com

Want to increase your site's conversion rate? Get our Ultimate Guide to Conversion
You can also increase your store's conversion with better product sorting powered by Entaice. Try Entaice Now
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0
This is excellent feedback and absolutely spot on! Guess what I wrote down on my things to do list last night? Dropdown menus.. ;) thank you so much for your comment and for the links - much appreciated! :)
0 Likes
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Hey, you can work on UI and UX part to build trust amongst visitors.

The store is impressive as you have just started. Work on few things to get better out of yourself.

1. Missing on a professional logo.
  2. Offer some promotional discount, to engage customers.
  3. You can classify unnamed products to Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  4. Merge full-width section into one.
  5. Your social links should open in new tab, to engage customers
  6. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit .
     As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  7. Lastly, You have over 100 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0
Hey Neha!

Thanks so much for all your positive comments! I'm grateful you took the time to respond.

I have no idea what UI or UX means, but everything else mostly makes sense.... I'm working on a logo, that's something I know I need to do! And I'll take a look at the apps you mention, they sound useful.

I'm not sure what you mean by merging the full-width section into one? Can you explain please?

I've still got lots of work to do, but this feedback really helps me focus on what to do next, so thank you :)

Cheers, Chloe
0 Likes
Trailblazer
371 22 92

I was asking to make one section by merging sliders image i.e. just above the footer to the top of the page with single image will save you some space and add to the beauty.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0

Hm. I'm sure what you're saying must make sense, but I can't figure out what you mean, I'm so sorry!

Do you mean I should make one image from all of the ones in the slider to put in the background of the whole body? And remove the slider altogether perhaps? The images there are just ones I had on my phone: I did plan to replace them at some point with simpler ones!

If that is what you meant, do you have any suggestions for how I could show the different areas of the shop, ie handmade, vintage, eco &c?

Sorry to be so slow! Thanks for being patient with me :)

0 Likes
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Thankyou for liking the feedback. Happy to help you.
You have a slider at the footer having 4 images, Can you take it to the top of the page and merge it with section having single image at the top of the page as these images are of same width.

Also were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

1 Like