Hello, I would love some honest feedback on my new store please!

MalabarHill
1 0 0

Hello

I have set up (let lapse and set up again) the website www.malabarhill.com.au

I have been paying for facebook ads, and am getting started on Instagram. I've had nearly 500 visitors to the store and only one conversion!! Can you please let me know if you can see any reasons why people don't purchase? Any other tips for a newbie would be great too! Many thanks, Shyla

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
551 50 203

Hi @MalabarHill

Have seen your site and have some comments for you:

- Your photos on your banners are too outstanding. When your customers see those banners, why I cannot focus on your messages. You really need to choose more suitable background images. 

Also, you need to add CTA buttons for your banners. 

- You're having two sections that show your collections. You should have only one. 

- On your featured collection: add Quickview and Quickshop buttons to allow your customers to look at your product details faster. 

- Add a Sticky Menu bar. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Quantity section 

+ The Buy now button 

+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods because you're selling many types of products. 

+ Detailed description 

+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar

- You're lacking social proof. There are some ways that can help you increase your social proof:

+ Have a reviews section. Photo reviews would be great. 

+ More social network accounts. I see you already have a Facebook account, and now Instagram is a suitable next move. 

After that, you can consider having an Instagram gallery for your site. 

If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create a shoppable gallery. 

+ More real-life product photos. 

In the future, if you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @MalabarHill, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a Call to Action button on the banner image of banner image.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a wide range of products.

Some marketing tools that you need to add:

• Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
  • Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
  • Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.
  • Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.
  • Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 137 329

Hey @MalabarHill,

First off, great job on what you've done so far. Your store looks very nice and professional.

I'm sorry to hear you've been putting money into ads and are seeing little return. Having a lot of traffic isn't a good thing if it's the wrong kind of traffic. That type of traffic just eats up your a budget and you don't get a return on your investment. I'd take a look at who you are currently targeting with your ads and make the necessary adjustments.

Jewelry is a very saturated market which makes it extremely hard to rank for. Now, there is something that sets you apart which is that you sell handcrafted and unique products from India. I would clearly state that right on the homepage banner. 

When I clicked on the first three links, the collections were empty. I would remove those options until you have something in there, otherwise after clicking a few links and having them turn up empty, your visitors may leave.

mala-menu.png

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
931 25 311

Hi @MalabarHill !

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Fawwaz
Excursionist
34 3 13

Hey @MalabarHill,

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either copied or not unique. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes