Hello, Just Wanted a Fresh set of Eyes on My Enterprise. I'd like a thorough Evaluation

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hey everyone, Staff and viewers alike, I want all the feedback I can get. From design, to tips to, increasing conversion. Right now I plan on attacking the market at the start of Q3. All feedback is welcomed and valued. Thanks in advance,

essentia-jewelry.com

Jimmy Jewelry

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 36 101

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your site here with us. I've taken a look at the store and have a few suggestions that you might want to consider!

I think you've done a good job so far, but you could definitely look to enhance the strength of your brand to give customers a clearer impression of what your store is all about when they first arrive at the site. The first and most effective thing you could do would be to add a logo, which would replace the text at the top of your site here:

19-07-92yfp-7wr6a

A logo is vital in helping emphasize your brand, and having strong visual imagery is a great way of piquing a customer's interest in your store and your products. I would recommend checking out Hatchful, our own logo designing tool that is free and simple to use. The logo you create here can be used across your site and in your correspondence with merchants - such as in order notifications and any marketing emails you decide to send out - which helps promote your brand through multiple channels. You can also add it as your favicon, which is the small image that appears in your browser's tab:

19-07-7jcag-rvddl

It's also a good idea to have an About page, which is an opportunity for you to talk in more detail about your business and what it's all about. You can include some of this information on the homepage, but by creating a separate page for this content, you are able to go into more detail about your business without crowding the homepage with text that your customers may not be interested in. In terms of other pages you can add, I'd also suggest adding an FAQs page - proactively answering any questions you believe customers may have is a great way of being transparent and honest with customers, and offering these answers without them needing to contact you directly might be the difference between making and losing a sale. We've a superb blog post about building an FAQs page that I'd recommend seeking out: The FAQ Page: Why You Need It, How to Build One, and 10 Great Examples.

I've a few other small suggestions you might want to consider:

• I believe you are using the default font for the theme in question, which is fine, but there are plenty of other choices! I would recommend designing your logo and then looking at other fonts that match well with the logo and the brand you're wanting to promote.
  • Generally, you should aim for consistent pricing. This means that all products on the store are rounded up to the nearest dollar, or $0.99/ $0.95. What lots of stores do is have one pricing rule for standard products (e.g. everything rounded to the dollar) and then on sale products will have a different structure (e.g. every price is rounded to the nearest $0.95 or $0.50). It's a small thing, but it is easy to implement and helps add to the professional look of your store. In the example below you have some products rounded to the dollar and some to the nearest $0.99, for both standard and on sale products:

19-07-p3bqm-6cbbw

• Your contact page is blank, aside from the contact form itself. Adding a message here goes a long way to making you seem more contactable and open. Here's a brief example of what you could include:
If you have any questions about our products or your order, please feel free to send us an email at [email address] or fill out the contact form below!"
  •  I also noticed that the Morris collection currently has no products in it, so either products should be added or the collection should be removed from the menu and the homepage.
  • Your "Bestsellers" collection on the homepage only has a single product in it - you'll want to add some more here to make it seem more filled out, rather than empty:

19-07-i9vg3-sjrig

I hope all of these suggestions have been helpful, Jimmy, but if you do have more questions or would like more advice on anything, please let us know!

Thanks again and have a great end to your weekend.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jimmy 

I just emailed you a full review of your website. 

Really liking the vibe.

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hey Jimmy,

I loved your products. They are amazing -

-Yes, banner and pop-up ads can help you generate extra revenue through your company website. And make sure that you delay it to one minute to give your customers a bit more time to look around the homepage.

-Display reviews and testimonials, Whether you’ve got Google reviews, Facebook ratings, or simply positive comments that customers have emailed to you, make sure you creatively showcase them on your store.

-Provide information throughout your site, including a About Us page. Don’t act like you’re hiding from your customers; that will hardly make them more trusting!

I have some suggestions that can help you with your store conversions and engagement. Do you want to hear more about it?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Thank you so much for your feedback, I actually have a logo, But I think it looks odd on the site. may I email you to discuss further?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Clayton, I wanted to publicly thank you for your evaluation of Essentia, I'd love to bounce a few ideas off  of you, and here more about your experiences with Successful businesses. Look out for an email from me soon. 

Kindly,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 36 101

Hi @JimmyJewelry,

Sure thing, I would be happy to discuss this with you in more detail over email. I have gone ahead and sent an email to the email address linked to your forums profile, so please feel free to get back to me there!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JimmyJewelry wrote:

Clayton, I wanted to publicly thank you for your evaluation of Essentia, I'd love to bounce a few ideas off  of you, and here more about your experiences with Successful businesses. Look out for an email from me soon. 

Kindly,

Hi @JimmyJewelry 

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help. You can reach me at either of the below :) 

clayton@inspiresmallbusiness.com 

or 

Contact form here 

Talk soon 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
85 4 29

Hi Jimmy,

Love the imagery on your homepage, can't wait to see how you attack the market in Q3!  

You mentioned you're looking for tips on conversion (which we focus on at Entaice), so we'll keep our suggestions there:

• Build out your collections most of your store visitors will be looking for standard categories like "watches", "rings", "bracelets", "earrings" etc.  add these links to your top nav to give them somewhere to go!
  • Add CTAs to your hero image your (awesome) hero image takes up almost all of a visitor's screen real estate above the fold.  Add a call to action like "Shop Rings" to drive your visitors into a collection!
  • Add Ratings and Reviews user feedback on your products is a huge help for your visitors (and you!).  

Best of luck with your store!

Entaice 

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
1 Like
Highlighted

Having worked on a few jewelry brands, here are some thoughts from that experience Jimmy. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Add a tag line/ or a few words that you want customers about your jewelry

2. Add links to your footer for FAQ, and shipping policy to make sure you answer those basic questions right away. I would also make your email your domain name

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Remove "Safe checkout" and put it in your footer

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like