Hello Shopify community. I’m looking for feedback

Solved
Alexj15
5 0 2

Hello, how are you? I am new to Shopify and also online stores. I am looking for honest feedback on both my stores. 

www.Luxylgroup.com

www.baluchie.com

Also, if we could work today in some way. I would be interested. 

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Alexj15

Welcome to Shopify! You’ve come to the right place - you have a community of experts to turn to for feedback. You have a great start to both your stores! That being said, I found some things that can be improved. 

Let’s start with Baluchie:

• Announcement bar: Link your announcement bar. I would also play around with different colors to make it stand out more, like your yellow with a gray font. 
  • Main navigation: Simplify it.  Use a heatmap to see where people are clicking and session recording to see what happened during visits. How are people using your navigation? I would re-organize it. I would do Home | Men | Décor | Gift Lists | Accessories. What’s New can be removed unless people are actively clicking on it - if people don’t know your brand, they won’t know why they should care about what’s new. For your “Coming Soon” collections, you can mention it elsewhere (i.e., a poll) to generate interest without cluttering up your main navigation.
  • Men drop-down from main navigation: You need to cut this down. It looks like you took your entire main navigation and shoved it into one drop-down. Simplify, simplify, simplify.
    LuckyDanny_0-1614100288343.png
  • Homepage - hero image: Is it a  beautiful image? Yes. Does it help people see what you sell? No. I would come up with better text and a more inviting image.
  • Homepage - featured collection: This is where you lose me. Up until this point, it felt luxury. Now it feels like drop-shipping. Instead of jumping into a featured collection, I would highlight a few of your top collections here.
  • Homepage - “Baluchie line coming 2021”: There’s no way to sign up from this location, and even then, you have to remember that people aren’t sure they want to buy from you. They aren’t sure why they should be excited by this upcoming line. 
  • Footer - newsletter: Why would someone want to subscribe? Give it value.
  • Collection pages - filters: Make sure you have filters that are helpful. Think of filters for things like color, ratings, price. Etc.
  • Collection pages - product names: I would work on improving the product names. For example, the Wine Red Coat has wine red as a color option, but it’s not the only option. 
  • Product pages - images: Keep the image sizes the same. Images with a white background are slightly smaller than those with a gray background.
  • Product pages - sizing chart: It’s missing a critical component - the sizing chart! I’m on the page for the Wine Red Overcoat, and there’s no sizing chart. 
  • Product page - specifications: Again, this screams drop-shipping. Think about the details people would want to know, like care instructions. Things like material thickness stand out for the wrong reasons. 

In general, Baluchie has the start of a luxurious feel but falls flat. It’s the details, like the massive overloaded main navigation or the image inconsistencies, that make it feel less luxurious.  I would suggest seeing how visitors are moving around your site with session recordings to get an understanding of what’s tripping up your visitors.

Moving on to Luxylgroup:

• Tab title: Your table title is currently “(1)”
    LuckyDanny_1-1614100288200.png 
  • Announcement bar: Link it. Merchants lose many sales by not having the announcement bar linked. 
  • Header: I would minimize your search bar to move the main navigation up in line with your logo. Speaking of the logo, I would decrease the size a bit. 
  • Main navigation: Like with Baluchie, your site suffers from a very heavy main navigation. Your Shop By Collection drop-down is the same as what you already feature. Instead, consider using a Shop All collection OR highlighting your more popular collections instead of all of them. That would let you leave the Shop By Collection drop-down but reduce the number of collections from 6 down to 2-3. Use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking the most. 
  • Homepage - hero image: Focus on one image rather than four. Rotating hero images tend to have a reverse impact from what you are intending. It can be more distracting than helpful.
  • Homepage - Value bar: This is where you have your values like free shipping listed. The alignment is off. 

LuckyDanny_2-1614100288338.png

• Homepage - general: Look at what people are doing on your site. Use a scroll heatmap to see where they stop scrolling and what information they miss. Switch to a click heatmap to understand where visitors are clicking instead. Because it’s so long, you may be able to take things out like the video and Twitter feed (which hasn’t been updated since July). 
  • Footer - About Us: Keep the text in your About Us page and replace it with your email address.
  • Footer - Subscribe: Add value to the newsletter. Again, visitors aren’t sure if they want to buy from you, so you’ll need to convince them to sign up to receive your newsletters. 
  • Collection page - Glitch: Not all of the color options are displaying.
    LuckyDanny_3-1614100288328.png
  • Collection page - product names: Be mindful of keyword stuffing. Some of your products need some editing. For example, “Baby Teether Toys Toddle Safe BPA Free Banana Teething Ring” needs some work.
  • Collection page - filters: You have to add some more helpful filters here. The only filters you have in the Mother & Kids collection is for electronics, mobile, and wireless. That’s not helpful. No one is going to sort through two pages of products.
  • Collection page/Product page - images: Make sure you have quality images here. I have found some with a watermark on them that doesn’t match your store:
    LuckyDanny_4-1614100288357.png
  • Product Pages - shipping: Reiterate free shipping between the product name and the price.
  • Product Pages - consistency: Comb through every product you have to remove any and everything your visitors may question. For example, the Custom-Made Baby Name Stamp For Children is washable, environmental, and “support PayPal” (??). It also says it doesn’t fade easily when washed (isn’t that opposite of what washable would mean?) and PayPal is never explained again. 
  • Product Pages - description: Don’t take the easy road here. You are using a drop-shipper, and it’s clear because the product descriptions are worthless to visitors. For example, here’s the description for the Custom-Made Baby Name Stamp For Children. You need to put in the effort to create a description that makes parents want this product, how to use it, how to get it off, how to order a specific name, etc.
    LuckyDanny_5-1614100288262.png
  • Product Page - color: Again, it’s not showing. There appears to be a glitch. Also, the addition of printing tape to a stamp isn’t going to work. While similar products, they aren’t the same product.
  • Product Page - ships from: Remove it. This may be more of a turn-off for your visitors. 
  • Product Page - design: I would move from the three-column page to a two-column page with the ordering information by the image and the description below. 
  • Product Page - customer reviews: Move this above your “You may also like” feature. People are going to care more about reviews than  these suggestions.  
  • Pop-up: You have too many pop-ups. Either do one that pop-ups when someone starts to engage with your products (not when they first arrive) or the exit pop-up. Doing both is overkill. Also, the design doesn’t match your LuxylGroup aesthetics. Your brand colors aren’t a pastel rainbow. Keep it consistent to build and reinforce your brand to visitors. 

LuckyDanny_6-1614100288275.png

In general, LuxylGroup has some work that still is needed to make visitors want to buy from it. You’re going to have to put in some work. 

That being said, with as much work as you need to put in with both sites, visitor behavior is going to play a key role. You’re going to be able to see exactly what your visitors are doing (or aren’t doing) to find those areas that are causing the most conversion-killing issues.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, chat, and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Alexj15
5 0 2
Thank you so much for your feedback.. I appreciate it so much. I will look into the things you have suggested. Thanks again
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2375 140 426

Hello @Alexj15Sachin here, from the Aitrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and here is the feedback:

- The luxylgroup store looks great and professional. You need to make Baluchie more professional in terms of aesthetics and layout. 

- You should design the product page of Luxlygroup like you have designed of Baluchie's. 

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- In Baluchie's some of the collection like 'mugs' doesn't have any product. Add products.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add a sales motivator bar to encourage people to make a purchase from you.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Alexj15
5 0 2
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will look into everything you have mention. I appreciate the advice. Also will look Into your app
Crowntemmy010
10 0 0

HI @Alexj15 I read the comments of people who stated the things that are wrong in your store and I was having the same issue as you when I started some months ago but I met this guy that helped me with everything and now my store is converting 80% of every visitors coming into my store so you can also reach out to him and explain your issues...thanks, I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Alexj15
5 0 2
Wow really, that’s incredible. Thank you for your comment. I will look into the guy.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2375 140 426

Hello @Alexj15, you're welcome. If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Alexj15
5 0 2
Ok, I will download it soon. Anything special you suggest to set up?
0 Likes