Help - Brooklyn Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

Okay so i tried to add the hover effect over our products and I very stupidly deleted the original code and saved and now our store is an absolute mess!! 

The hovering text over our slideshow has moved to the bottom and the collection is a freaking mess. 

Does anyone know how i can reset the theme so it goes back to brooklyn's original code ?? 

THANK YOU THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

www.endlessroses.ca

.product--wrapper {
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    top: 0;
    opacity: 0;
    transition: all 0.9s;
}
.grid-product__wrapper:hover .product--wrapper {
    opacity: 1;
}

This is what i added, surely in the wrong place

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 382

Hey there, @EndlessRoses 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. The tricky thing when it comes to editing the CSS is that there is no way to roll it back to an older version. In the future, when editing the CSS of your site I would recommend pasting your code at the very bottom of the file. Adding code to the bottom of the file will override the previous code, so you can edit a specific aspect without affecting the entire theme and you can then easily find and remove the code if it is problematic. 

To reset your Brooklyn theme I would recommend installing a fresh version of the theme and copy the theme.scss.liquid code from this fresh cop to replace the corrupted version. 

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Explore Free Themes > Brooklyn > Add to theme library. 

2. When the new version of Brooklyn has been added to the theme library click Actions > Edit Code:

3. Open the theme.scss.liquid and copy the entire code. 

4. Go to Online Store > Themes and click Actions beside the current theme and then Edit Code. 

5. Open the theme.scss.liquid and replace the code with the code you have copied from the fresh version.

6. Click Save. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes