Help/Feedback with new store please

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well

My name is Tiffany and I am the owner of  Fanique’s Beaute Emporium. I recently launched my Shopify store (which I love) about two weeks ago. As of last Saturday I started paying for ads through Instagram and Pinterest. Doing so has gained me a lot of traffic. I’ve noticed from the analytics most customers who visit my store aren’t navigating past my homepage (I’ve received 2 sales so far, with 1 being from a close friend). I worked on my shop for a little over a month and I thought I did pretty well, I also went through each product and tweaked up the SEO based on my research. If someone could possibly take a look and hopefully help me figure out what I’m doing wrong here? Sorry if this is wordy and I am open to any and all feedback! Thank you so much in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
404 42 134

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TiffanyKali,

Congratulations on your new Shopify store!

However, I think your store has many parts that can improve. Here are some:

-  The first problem is your banner. There are some rules that I think you need to follow:

+ The image should have fewer details to have space for your texts 

+ Have CTA buttons 

+ The smaller texts never place above the bigger text 

+ Your texts should have meaning that can inspire your customers to reach out to the Shopping Pages

ConveyLego0612_0-1603330792630.png

- Never have only one word on a line. It will make your store look unprofessional. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1603331186227.png

- If you're planning to sell the featured products, you need to have:

+ The title 

+ Short description 

+ Quantity section 

+ Buy now button

+ More than 1 product images if you can 

ConveyLego0612_2-1603331267154.png

- Add the CTA here to guide your customers to the collection page. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1603331550800.png

- You should change the background image because its color is too shine, so nobody will feel annoying and cannot focus on your Store Hours.

ConveyLego0612_4-1603331640200.png

- You need to have an FAQ page and more Quick links here. Also, you need to have a Sticky menu 

ConveyLego0612_5-1603331812778.png

- I've seen your Instagram account and it has many real-life product photos. This can increase your social proof. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. This app will help you create a shoppable Instagram gallery and it could increase your sales. 

- You need to have only one size for all your product images

ConveyLego0612_0-1603333030165.png

- On your product pages, you need to add:

+ The quantity section

+ Detailed description 

+ Sticky Add to Cart bar

+ Upsell and Cross-Sell methods because you're selling many types of products

- You can consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good option to chat with your friend. 

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that with ease. Also, it's totally free. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TiffanyKali,

This is PageFly. I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment.

Add a favicon to your store.

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add...

1. Homepage

1.1 Add a call to action button on the image banner of the slideshow

Luxury custom jewelry and makeup for women and kids – Faniques Beaute Emporium 2020-10-22 09-04-58.png

You have many banner images on the slideshow but none of them has a call to action button, it's not good. 

• A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.
  • Review all image banners to make sure they have high quality.
  • On the first slide, you have too many texts because this can make customers confused so I recommend that you should review it again to make clear.

Luxury custom jewelry and makeup for women and kids – Faniques Beaute Emporium 2020-10-22 09-06-57.png 

1.2 Reconstruct the product's layout  

• I recommend that you should set up the layout again with the products on the home page. They can be displayed in a line
  • You should add more products from other collections to the home page. Many visitors are finding eyelashes can leave quickly when they don't see it, especially when you don't provide the sticky header. What I would recommend here is showing more store products from other collections so customers can see all store collections and this can help to decrease the bounce rate.

1.3 Add customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more about its benefit and how to make it effective. 

1.4 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I also notice that you put your store's social media on the footer but it is less attractive, therefore I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

You can consult my store home page here if you want to have more ideas.

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://faniquesbeaute.com/collections/mink-eyelashes

2.1 Increase the font size of the product price

Currently, it's 14px. I recommend you should increase to 16px or 18px to make it bigger to view.

2.2 Add secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

In the holiday season such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc, I prepared a master guide with unique marketing tips and some checklists to help to most out of those holidays.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

The reason why the traffic your are getting to your store isn't converting into sales shows there is a problem with your sales funnel.

Your sales funnel is the systematic method by which you’re going to turn visitors into leads and leads into customers. 

More specifically, your sales funnel will be a series of pages that are intentionally crafted to guide each visitor toward the specific action that you want them to take.

Here are some questions you need to ask yourself:-

-Are your capturing the attention of enough consumers with your initial content?
-Do your prospects trust you enough to give you their contact information?
-Have you secured purchases from your  marketing efforts?
-Do existing customers come back and buy from you again?

Knowing the answers to these questions will tell you where you need to tweak your sales funnel.

I would recommend you register for this free 3 day funnel summit if you'd like to know more about creating a high converting sales funnel. If your goal is to  make more 100 sales in less than 100 days, then this is for you, check it out, thank me later.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
378 29 118

Hello @TiffanyKali,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
5. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
9. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
10. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Wow, thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback. I had no idea I was doing so many things that were hurting my store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m still new to all this so I will pause my store this weekend and work on it. This is awesome. I had no idea. I’m using one of Shopify’s free themes so it was hard to add and move certain stuff around because it wasn’t available or allowed. Also, I don’t understand the html coding for certain stuff so I use YouTube for that. I will get to work on this as soon as possible. Thank you all again! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1480 75 251

Hello @TiffanyKali, I hope you are doing good! Tiffany, I reviewed your store and here are some improvements that you should do:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List  
  • New arrivals, Bestsellers
  • Testimonials
  • Newsletter sign up box
  • Instagram Feed

- Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers.

To implement these customer engagement tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I did some of this so far. Thanks so much for the great information and awesome feedback 

0 Likes