Help I’m not getting any traffic to my store. Feedback would be appreciated.

ktomwang
7 0 0

Hi all. I would love some feedback on my store. I’m not getting traffic. I am currently not advertising. Is that why also?  What would you suggest I do to get traffic and conversion? People tell me my store looks great all the time but still I don’t get traffic. 

Thank you. 

www.houseandhall.com

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 498

Hey there, @ktomwang 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

First and foremost I will say that your store does look great, however, you need to be actively putting efforts into online marketing in order to make sales and get traffic to your store. If you are not advertising there is no way for new customers to find out about your store, you are relying solely on people who already know about it to come and make a purchase. Taking a look at your store I can see that most products are on sale. You should be running campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google to promote this fact and make the most of it. There are some great articles here on making sure customers find you!

While it is great that you are running such a fantastic sale, it is important to have an end date in sight, and let your customers know. This will help prevent people from procrastinating and encourage them to actually make a purchase when they are on your site. We have a great guide on using scarcity and urgency to encourage checkouts here

Your store is missing some key things that customers look for when shopping online:

• A well written About Us page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.
  • A Contact Page. Your store should be easy to get in touch with. Your contact page should have a professional email based on your custom domain, a phone number and if applicable, the physical location of the business. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page.
  • Shipping information and return policies should be present on the footer of your store and additionally on your product pages. Read up more on adding policies to your store here.
  • Product pages should all have reviews. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. You can view our review apps here.
  • You will need to have a social media following on Instagram, Facebook, or other local platforms. A store without a social following does not look like a legitimate business. Links to these social media pages should be clearly shown on the store. We have a guide on growing your social media following right here.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @ktomwang I hope you're doing good?

I am Johnny, a professional digital marketer, Shopify manager with over 4 years of experience.

I have reviewed your store and I can see that to some professional level, you have a stunning and attractive store.

Before you can expect traffic and sales in your ecommerce online store, there must have been some things in places such as marketing and promotion, SEO, branding (creating social presence). Have you practice any or all of these?

To exchange details about the success of your store, Contact me and I am always available to help.

0 Likes
ktomwang
7 0 0

Hi Bo. Thanks for all the info and tutorial. I will look at all of them. 

Question?:

I do have an Instagram account, Facebook and Pinterest account. But doesn’t  the favicon on the bottom of the page tells the customer they could click on there to see my social media?  Is that not what I should be doing?

yes I agree about the sale having an end date will have to do that. 

ok will work on advertising. 

the shipping and return policies are all listed at the footer under customer care. I think it got deleted when I was trying to group my policies under a main heading. 🤦🏻‍

also I’m having trouble connecting my Instagram account with Shopify. I can’t seem to sell on Instagram.     Any help on that would be appreciated. 

thank you!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ktomwang
7 0 0

Hi Johnny 

thanks for  the feedback. I’m not really sure about SEO. I just do my own. Pretty much everything I’ve been doing my own since I’m not making any money yet. 

how do I see if my website is SEO optimized?

thanks?

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

No problem. Message me

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2453 141 444

Hello @ktomwang, I hope you are doing well! your store looks good and professional. Here are some suggestions:

Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increases sales and helps in retaining your customers.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

- Setup an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @ktomwang 
You will need some online advertising to let people know of your online space. Most of the online purchases happens when people are advertised about it as they are scrolling through there News feed at facebook or instagram.

You should really start prospecting and re-targeting campaigns to bring some genuinely interested audience to your store. Once there is enough traffic in your store start re-targeting them to cover your abandoned carts and to cross-sell and up-sell your products.

You can use our app Addyz  to  help you create best targeted campaigns and ensure you are targeting to the right audience

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase you ad efficiency and boost sales
0 Likes