Help! My new store gets no sales

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello everyone. I am baffeled with the amount off traffic I get and no sales.... I get over 400 visits on a good day and no sales.....this store is just over a month old. I am getting plenty of traffic, pat my self on the back for that. But, no sales? Please if anyone has advice, I am all ears. The address is https://FollyGifts.com.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 497

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify! 

Great to hear you are getting so much traffic to your store. You are definitely doing something right in that sense. I took a look at your store and think it's very good, but there are a few things I noticed which you can improve on. 

The first thing I noticed was the header at the top. I completely understand that information is important, but it's the way it is presented, might seem a little unprofessional and could be putting people off when they visit the store. What I recommend as an alternative for this is to maybe add a pop-up with the same information. You would need an app for this, I know Privy is a free pop up app that has a lot of good reviews, but you can also take a look at some of the other pop up apps in the Shopify app store

I noticed you have the emoji of the present box in your URL at the bottom of your store and in the "About Us" page. While I see this being unique, I'm not sure it is doing a lot of help especially in terms of your SEO. It's good to see the "About Us" page too, something I have seen other Shopify successful Shopify stores do is tell their story through this page, for example, "Why is FollyGifts here?". Maybe telling people about your passion for some of the topics of your products or even starting a blog telling the story of your brand. 

I saw you also have an Instagram for the store. Having it is good, but using it to your advantage is great. A lot of the topics of the products you have would interest a lot of people. Instagram is a great tool to find, reach out and engage with people who would be interested in these topics. A Shopify expert does a podcast and recently had a guest on who used Instagram very effectively and with little to no costs to garner an audience which you can listen to by clicking here

Hope this helps. 

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
284 0 40

I like your site, but I think the problem lies with the products you're selling. Many people sell the same exact product, and there is no compelling reason to buy from you as opposed to say, amazon. On a whim, I googled your Wonder Woman Costume Handbag, which you sell for 60.00.

I found the same product on Amazon, and that's only one of the many sellers who sell the same product: https://www.amazon.com/Comics-Wonder-Woman-Kisslock-Satchel/dp/B0714KR3JN/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=153...

It goes without saying that Amazon is extremely trustworthy, with a great return policy and customer service. If a customer can find your same exact items on Amazon or another well-established retailer, they're more likely to purchase from them as opposed to you.

I hope this helps.

-Nostromo

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks guys that helps, I know I will have to use Amazon to sell. Its part of modern society now to go there to buy. I wish they made it easier to add products to amazon from my shopify store. I will go through your suggestions and keep improving...

1 Like