Help. No Sales.

4 0 0

So my store's Niche is fitness products, but honestly I don't know where I am going with this nor do I know if I am doing it the right way. Like if I could know clear instructions or have a clear plan on what to do day in day out then I would feel like I would be in a better place because I am not sure what I am doing wrong or what I am missing. I feel like I am all over the place. For example,

1. I don't know how many more products I should add in my store. (Have around 50 now.)
  2. Don't know how many variations I should have in my store. Currently I have Sportswear, Cycling, and Sports Accessories but don't know if that's enough. Or I have to Niche down and maybe just focus on Sportswear. 
  3. Not sure if my product descriptions are ok. (Honestly, I don't know how to write better than that.)
  4. Not sure if my prices are good for the customers. 
  5. I ran ads on Google and I got like around 200 clicks but no orders. Also, I tried contacting facebook to run ads but they don't respond to me. I promoted my products on all social platforms, facebook, twitter, instagram but not sure how effective that is. I set up facebook and google channels but not really sure what I am doing with that.

And yea, if you have any more suggestions to improve my site then I would love to hear them. Here is a link to my site: https://oxidefitness.com/ 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
639 73 146

Hey, @dealingyo 

Congratulations on launching your store! The homepage looks pretty great. I'd be happy to offer some feedback on your store.

The first thing I noticed are your slideshow with 4 slides at the top. The first slide image is great as it gives the customer some insight into your business. The 3 slides afterwards don't offer any value. I'd consider removing those other 3 slides to reduce load times on your store.

I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a generic heading. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot! 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4 0 0

Hey thanks for replying back to me. Useful advice. I was just wondering though, when you said break out my categories more, do you think I should import more products before I do that? And also, what do you think is better, niching down and focusing on sportswear or do everything, cycling and sports accessories? 

0 Likes
Pathfinder
122 11 44

Hello @dealingyo 

Hope you are doing well!

Here are some feedbacks:

Banner:

Good job on the banner and the Shop Now button. I would recommend a slideshow, it looks better, and creates a more fresh appearance.

Chatbot: 

Chatbots are extremely useful when it comes to collecting user insights, and they will make things simpler for you by answering all the common questions. 

Testimonials: 

Your customers are more likely to buy from you if they see that 50 other people have good things to say about your products. That really pushes them towards purchase. So at the end of the homepage, have a testimonials section. 

Put the Images in the Homepage: 

I can see that you have a lot of products and lots of images. But I get to see those images after I click on the product. It is a good idea to make them all visible at once, even before I decide to click on a certain image. 

That's all from me! Please feel free to reach out in case of questions. 

Thank you and Best of luck!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes

Hi @dealingyo , 

PageFly would like to have some comments on your store. Your store has a good design and I really like the color scheme of your theme. It is a really good looking store. I still would like to have some feedback on your store:

A search bar: a search bar with an input field will be more visible than an icon. With a sticky header you have on your site, a full search will be very useful for customers to look for the products.

Banner: On some slides on the banner, you can add more Heading and CTA to some slides on the banner. Don’t waste the space on those slides. 

PageFly_0-1607284106135.png

More buttons and hover effect on the product list: more button elements like Add-to-Cart and Buy Now button on the product list can help customers to add products to cart, or go to the checkout page faster. Showing the second image when hovering on the product image can give customers the additional information about the product.  

Countdown timer: you can add a countdown timer to the featured section to urge customers to make a purchase.

Testimonial: many customers will trust this section more than any information on your site. You can use it to build the credibility of your store.

Product page

Product image: It is recommended that you should take your pictures of the product, and avoid using the stock product image. It can prove the origin of your product and increase the trustworthiness of your store.

Color Swatches: this feature can be really useful if your product has many color variants. It can also improve the customers’ experience when purchasing from your store.

Your product page will also need other sections like Shipping policies, Delivery date, Refund and Warranty policies. Many customers will look for those information before making any purchases. 

That is some of PageFly feedback; hope they could be useful for you and your store. Please hit like or mark solution if you agree.

Good luck with your store.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
0 Likes
4 0 0

@Dirk Hey thanks for replying back to me. Useful advice. I was just wondering though, when you said break out my categories more, do you think I should import more products before I do that? And also, what do you think is better, niching down and focusing on sportswear or do everything, cycling and sports accessories? 

0 Likes