Help! Would really appreciate feedback on my store

4 0 0
Hi,
Would appreciate any feedback on my store www.dirtystyluswear.com
My niche is DJs, Vinyl Record Collectors, Clubbers & Music Lovers.

I’ve been using Facebook ads as well as getting some organic traffic but I am only getting 0.6% conversion rate.

My Facebook page has 8k Likes/followers that are mainly based in the USA and are 95% in my niche, I get very good engagements on my regular posts but no organic reach on my product posts.

I have tried different product images, rearranged home page etc none of which has made a difference so far.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
388 20 77

Hi @dirtystyluswear 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

An important thing I couldn't find is reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
4 0 0
Hi, I appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions on board.
Although I will say that there is a shipping & returns policy in the main menu & footer and there is also a countdown timer on all items, I’m not sure how you missed those but again thanks for taking the time to respond
0 Likes
Excursionist
33 4 11

Low conversion rates - my specialty!

So assuming that the problem doesn´t lie in your ads (which I would only know if I´d see them) but only in your shop let me give you some tips on how to increase your conversion rate quite simply.

- Discount code 20% --> write it as 20.00% --> makes the discount look bigger

- Save $5 on the product thumbnails --> write it as $5.00 --> makes the discount look bigger

- Major problem: Main page headline doesn´t explain what you´re selling of what the benefit is --> switch the headline for one where you address the benefit of your product

- Product prices $25.00 --> write it as $25 (contrary to your discount codes you want to have your price appear smaller not bigger)

- Prices with a 9 at the end convert the highest --> change price to $19 or $29

- Sale discount timer with 24 hours left is way too long decrease that to a few hours - also change its colour to red

- Put ALL logos of your payment methods under your add to cart button

- Product description has tremendous potential left to increase your conversion --> you only mention features but should focus on benefits --> remember: you always sell benefits

- Check for the checkout if you can get the form to change each fields colour to green after the customer typed in his info

There´s still a lot left, but that´s already going to increase your conversion.

If you have any questions simply ask

1 Like
4 0 0
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it, a couple of questions:

1. When you say sell the benefits, I’m not sure how to sell the benefits of a t-shirt

2. I think $29 is too much & $19 too little, does $24.99 work or does that look too big?

3. You suggested putting the trust badges directly under checkout button but that would lower the countdown timer out of view unless the customer scrolls down on a mobile phone
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

You´re welcome. So:

1. When it comes to the benefits that´s actually one of the hardest parts - what I do with my clients is to instruct them to write down 20 benefits of their product, anything that comes to their mind.

So for T-shirts it could be something like: it´s comfortable to wear, it makes you look good, it´s breathable so you sweat less on the DJ booth, ...

Whatever comes to your mind (you could also ask the customers you already have why they bought your shirt, ask the ones that didn´t buy your shirt for their reason not to buy it, ask in your facebook group what your shirts would need to have so that they would buy them).

Storytelling is one of the most potent tools (which you could then apply to your product description). The CEO of Villeroy Boch (producer of toilet bowls) faced that problem too when he tried to increase sales of their product. So he decided to try the storytelling approach. But he had a problem: there are no interesting stories to tell about the toilet bowls in a way that they would be appealing for their customers because everybody already knows the benefits of a toilet. Everyone has one in their home already.

Then after weeks and weeks of sleepless nights filled with brainstorming and talking to his employees and consultants he finally found the solution as he famously said: "There are no interesting stories to tell about our toilet bowls, but there are many stories to tell about the Orient Express and our toilet bowls are in it."

So similar to the story I told you above you could simply tell an appealing story about someone else wearing your shirts.

2. It would work better if with 19 or 29, but 24,99 is definitely better than 25, so you can go with that as well.

3. You could also do both by placing your countdown timer closer to the price (that would create more urgency having because the visitor sees the discount price and the countdown timer at the same time - also I don´t know if I mentioned that already but I´d recommend to change the timer´s colour from green to red). Then you can place the logos of the payment options under the button.

0 Likes
4 0 0
Thanks so much for your advice, I will take your feedback on board & start implementing, cheers
0 Likes
Trailblazer
642 40 150

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add some blogs for more clarity and detailed description.
  4. Also, You have around 53 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.dirtystyluswear.com/pages/search-results?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
359 18 39

Hey, for getting more sales and conversions, you need to focus more on customer engagement and retention. You can entice your customers by giving loyalty and reward points on activities like on daily visits, when they sign up, allowing for push notifications, leaving a review, on making a purchase and many more. 

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

You can engage your visitors by adding web push notifications which will help you in retargeting your customers. They are clickable rich content messages sent to your device by a website or a web app. It can be delivered to your device, mobile or desktop, even when the user is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications include browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content and more. I am open to further discussion.

Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes