Hello, I am overwhelmed! I just secured a physical location for my shop & need my website to be profitable & set up properly.. can someone please review & advise? www.purplecorners.com
thanks in advance,
First off, congratulations on launching your online store. I'd be happy to offer up some feedback on your store so you can continue to improve upon it.
I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Specifically, I would consider tweaking your slideshow:
It doesn't have a clear call-to-action and it more or less doesn't serve a specific purpose in mind. The reason it's important that you don't add images or slides for the sake of adding them is that slideshows can be taxing on the loading speed of your website. So it's crucial to use slides conservatively and only when you are really to market a specific product on your store. Typically, I'd personally recommend keeping your slides to three at the most and only using them when you have something special to offer opposed to having them there 'just because'. A button to view all your products doesn't give the visitor much insight as to exactly what they may find. Why should they click into it and what will they find in there? Being specific is key.
I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'SHOP' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot!
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Hi @Mypage !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Hero banner - change the image to the one, that will resonate with your brand, tell about your brand, and has clear CTAs.
2. You need to add more info in About us page - do not just post an image.
3. Your homepage is lack of CTAs and engaging images. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. An important note - use only high-resolution images (delete a lamp image on the second hero banner ).
4. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
5. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
7. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
8. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
9. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
11. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
12. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congratulations on your store and welcome to Shopify
Your store looks nice, though there are a few things that you might want to improve.
1. The icon on the right side of the landing page. The icon is of handicapped person. I think it's not the right place to have the icon. Essentially, it is additional help that you are providing the customers. May be you can place it on the bottom right side of the page.
2. Instead of having a generic search, you can have a guided search with all the product categories listed there. Until a person goes and checks the catalog, he doesn't get to know the categories. So with a guided search, it will be easier for customers to find the products.
3. Blogs and Reviews: It might be helpful for you to add some blogs and also get some user reviews. It helps customers build trust and make quicker purchase decisions. Similarly, good blog posts will help your customers know the value of using your products or some insights into the world of e-commerce. Such posts generally help you in acquisition.
Lastly, I saw you have a bestseller category on your site. I would recommend you to have a look at product labels and stickers from ModeMagic, that will help you attract more customers by communicating to them your messages such as sale,discounts,customer favorites,coming soon etc. on product images itself. You can also decide the position for your product labels on your product images. You also have an option for making your own stickers using "Make Custom Sticker".
Hope it helps!!