Help! i have changed the interface on my store and no sales paid traffic

Tourist
3 0 0

Hello everyone,Jewelry vending at events have always been a success for my business, however since I have switched to more online selling it has took a turn for the worst.  I just recently started my shopify store kdelenay and I am getting little to no traffic. I have been paying for facebook and Instagram ads and to no avail I haven't had a purchase in months. I think I could make my product photos brighter but at the same time they are clear and close up shots. my shop is stocked with regular fashion jewelry and hand made crystal/ semi precious stone jewelry along with other things. I would like as many ideas, comments, and tips as possible so I can tackle them head on. I knew there has been a lot of requests but I need help and I will shout it from the roof top. Lol www.kdelenay.com Thanks a million.

0 Likes
3 0 1

Hi there,

I am new to shopify also but I did take a bunch of courses, etc. and I am going to make a few suggestions.

1. I have the issue with grey backgrounds also - i suggest lightening them up. Or if it's too much hassle, change your background to a more neutral like a smoke color such as #F5F5F5 and it will tone it down. I have the same issue and it drives me nuts. 

2. I also recommend you have all of the photos on the main page the same size/shape - it just looks more professional.

You can use canva.com to help you resize or even the Paint 3d program that comes with windows 10 both for free.

3. I have to admit, your carousel says JEWELRY for the mind and soul but it's your sage bundles - well when I saw them, I thought it was bundles of WEED. Not the best photo to showcase, especially since it's a $5 item.  

Just adding my $0.02. Hope it helps!

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0
Thank you so much for your input I was kind of lost for a second. Your tips
were extremely helpful. Changes need to be made for sure
0 Likes

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0
Right, you are absolutely right but here's the thing. I have grown my emailing list and I sent out my first email marketing campaign and no conversion's either. 1 or 2 email opens and the rest of the emails have not been opened. These are audiences that showed interest in my work in person and I got their emails but I'm starting to BELEIVE it's a combination of both the look of the site, pictures, and maybe delivery. I'm not sure but I have set up everything I need for Google ads and Facebook pixels I just have not done a campaign with Google shopping at all.
0 Likes

Dear Ashleykelly,

Nice store :)

Few suggestions

1. Improve your store loading speed on mobile 

2. Add Testimonials at product page

3. Make your brand 

4. Do SEO

There are lots of real ways to get real traffic . Need help? Please contact here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/guidance-for-bringing-traffic-to-your-store

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
1 Like
Excursionist
22 1 5

Hi

Congratulations on your sports store!

Don’t worry about not getting a lot of sales right now, you are not the first nor the last to be struggling with this scenario, 80% of the visitors don't place an order on their first visit.

Your store seems great, I really like the design and how easy is to find the products.

However, I have some observations and hope it helps you out. It would be easier if customers could zoom in to take a better look for the products. Checking other sports shops will definitely help you to have a different perspective on your site. 

You could also start using a retargeting campaign to engage with your potential customers. Retargeting campaigns allow you to remind them after they left the website and offer the product information they’ve been viewed with different kinds of creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion.

There are some retargeting apps on Shopify app store as well. If you’re not familiar with that, you can search “retargeting” and try it out - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=retargeting.

Hope it helps you out and boosts your sales! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 1 5

Hi

Congratulations on your jewelry store!

Your products look amazing with high quality, don’t worry about not getting a lot of sales right now, you are not the first nor the last to be struggling with this scenario, 80% of the visitors don't place an order on their first visit.

However, I have some observations and hope it helps you out. It would be easier if customers could zoom in to take a better look for the products. Checking other jewelry shops will definitely help you to have a different perspective on your site. It would be easier if customers could zoom in to take a better look for the products.

I also recommend adding an "About Us" page. This is an important part of creating a voice for your brand and introduces customers to who you are as a company. This builds customers’ trust, which increases conversions. Check out this blog post for some tips on writing an effective "About Us" page.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

I also noticed that when you go to the product page, your logo is not visible at all and the cart is too small. I attached a screenshot. kd.JPG

One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. 

I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

You could also start using a retargeting campaign to engage with your potential customers. Retargeting campaigns allow you to remind them after they left the website and offer the product information they’ve been viewed with different kinds of creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion.

There are some retargeting apps on Shopify app store as well. If you’re not familiar with that, you can search “retargeting” and try it out - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=retargeting.

Hope it helps you out and boosts your sales! 

0 Likes