Help on account

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

How do you create a second store with the existing account, do you need another subscription?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 24 21

Hey, @ViToy!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

That's correct! You'll have one store per store account.

That said, you can use the same email address and credentials to create a new store account. We added a convenient feature to help you switch between your store accounts easily as well so that you can save time and manage multiple stores quickly. If you do opt for this, I highly recommend having a very secure password and enable two-step authentication in order to prevent unknown logins from accessing all of your accounts.

Will this new account be exactly the same as the original store except for just currency and language?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

No, it's not the same as the existing store, but along the same line of business.  I got transferred another store to me under the same email and I can access that store.  Do I need to open a new subscription for this store in order to manage and work on it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 24 21

Thanks for the reply, @ViToy!

If you're the account owner of the new store account you'll need to pick a plan in order to make sure you maintain access to the account and have it online to make sales.

Each account you open needs its own subscription plan. You can have a maximum of one plan for each store account. One store account is one business or one website.

Is this what you meant by "new subscription"?

Let me know if I can help clarify anything there.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1

Yes, it is. thanks for the clarification

Another question or 2:

1. Is there an app you can suggest for source toy products from? I'm currently using Oberlo, but shipping time is just costly and long for customers so I wanted to know if there's another supplier app. i can use instead.

2. How many apps. can I use per store? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 24 21

Those are both great questions! The first one might also be a great one to ask the community for their opinion on it in the Shopify Apps discussion forum. That said though I do have some recommendations based on my own experience.

I've never dropshipped toys, I'm not too familiar with who would be ideal as a supplier for this. However, if you're wanting to source products for example in North America to reduce ship time and increase quality in some product categories, you can try Spocket for an app that plugs right into your Shopify admin.

Alternatively, if you're willing to go the extra mile to set up a sourcing company with your business you can try using Inventory Source or SaleHoo. There are lots of other organizations and directories like this in different countries. These are two of the bigger and easier ones to access and use for beginners though.

If you're brand new to ecommerce and this is your first time owning a business online, you may find it more challenging to use the second option there. That said no business in history has ever been easy, so if you put time and effort into the details of your product sourcing you'll be able to learn a significant amount in a short time. Plus you'll also notice that there are several independent local companies that prefer to ship their products to your customers and rely on you to market for them, which totally happens to be the essence of dropshipping.

I want to note also that if you're choosing any supplier, no matter any recommendations or reviews, always do the research to ensure that you're choosing someone that will not only have the products you want but also ship on time, have high-quality service and the products are well made. Order a few samples of the products you intend on selling, this is good business practice to maintain so that you can test and make sure that what you sell will also make the customer happy. It's always important to make sure you know what you're selling even when dropshipping as well as knowing exactly how your supplier will work with you in the long run.

As for how many apps you can have, the max is quite high and not likely easy to max out. That said, I don't recommend having more than 5 installed at one time if you're a brand new business testing the waters in dropshipping. The more apps you have the slower your site will load due to the extra code that is needed to run them. If you're using more than 1 or 2 dropshipping apps, the confusion in fulfilling and tracking all the orders will become a headache for you and your customers.

Remember your brand reputation is important in all aspects of your business. Keep things lean and clean when you're starting out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
228 6 17

Hi @ViToy! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket. Thanks to @Lilith for the mention!

Indeed, you can easily integrate and install Spocket with the other store you plan on launching. We have various products from suppliers coming from mostly the US and the EU, and given the niche you want for the other store you're making, I can confirm that our catalog has some toy choices that could suit your preferences for your secondary store. 

If you're interested in checking them out, I invite you to drop a message to our customer support team at support@spocket.co. Or you can simply visit Spocket's website and access the live chat feature on the right section of the page - someone will be glad to help you out!

Dropshipping_suppliers_for_best_US_EU_products___Spocket.png 

You can also opt to sign-up and explore the catalog yourself - we offer a 14-day free trial for new users. I think this would be the perfect opportunity for you to check Spocket out and see if the selection of toys we have suits your chosen niche for the second store you're planning on opening.

0 Likes