Help on perfecting my store please

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm unsure how to resize the images on the homepage, and how to centre align everything on the product pages. 

https://mademoiselleclothing.myshopify.com/

Paigha 

is the password to access

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 22 36

Hi @lucymorrison

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

Congratulations on what you've achieved so far. It looks like you're using one of our free themes. Did you know we have help documents for each theme here?

Have you stumbled across our Tools page yet? It has a lot of resources for a merchant just starting out, including an image resizer, a logo maker, a pay stub generator, a shipping label template, and a profit margin calculator… And a whole host more!

Center aligning images and text should be fairly straightforward as we have a center-align option, which I've used in this video https://screenshot.click/20-05-7pyq8-450kj.mp4.

When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

09-43-glt6f-lqe2e

Also, don't be afraid to get really creative with your product descriptions!

There are even some templates you could use to speed up the process.

Perfect for ___________________________ (ideal situation),
these _______________ (product name)
can be/will _______________ (tell a quick story).
(Product name) ______________
are ______________ (top features)
to _______________ (product benefits).
No more _____________________ (pain and/or challenge).

Example:
Perfect for weekend getaways in the mountains, these Mighty Camper Cups will bring you and your friends or loved ones closer together around a campfire. Exactly what mountain trips were made for! Our Mighty Camper Cups are sturdy and built just for you with insulated fibers to ensure that your hot cocoa stays hot and your iced tea stays iced. No more crying over spilled milk!

You can also take the keywords here and add them to a spreadsheet so Brand, Baseball Cap, Men, Cotton, Casual, Sports, Golf, Hats, Snapback, etc as you add products you can see which of these come up most often and use them for your collections Meta Titles and descriptions also.

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks for the feedback! But for centre aligning my page, I mean the pages where my products are, are all aligned to the left. My other pages which have just text on are fine as I've centre aligned those. Just not sure on how to centre align my product pages?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Luckymorisson

Welcome to the Shopify community! I hope you are safe and well in these difficult times.

Mademoiselle Clothing looks pretty good already! You're on the right track with the designing. There are some things though, which can for sure be improved. 

• Firstly, in your logo - the colour that you have picked makes it hard for the user to read clearly. You could go with a darker shade - just to be sure. 
  • Same thing I felt even in the drop down lists of your navigation bar. When you select an option it becomes really light making it difficult for the shopper to read the text. 
  • Secondly, keeping the size of all images the same is generally a good idea. It makes it so easy for the user to just browse through.
  • Testimonials and reviews are pretty important too because like many other people, I too, like to buy only those products which have amazing reviews. 
  • I missed seeing any social proof and urgency in the catalog. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately. A suggestion here. You could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, sale, or free shipping etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that you can convert a new visitor into a buyer!

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic

0 Likes