Help please?! All my videos now have an ugly border out of nowhere

25 0 0

Wondering if someone can help me. It IS NOT the aspect ratio, the thumbnails used to go to the edge. I just do not like this look. Take a look and tell me what you think, please

0 Likes
25 0 0

Almost forgot, if you go to products it will be obvious to you what I am talking about. ( I hope ) 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Hi Hayden,

It actually looks like YouTube may have updated their embedded code. I am seeing the same thing on some of our videos.

I'd recommend reaching out to YouTube and see if they can help. 

Zac

0 Likes
25 0 0

Thanks! I am reaching out to them. This just doesn't look good. Is there any way to look at some code that may work in the meantime? Can I imbed a video a different way?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

A quick look seems like a background is being set to black along with an undesirable width

Always backup your theme before making suggested changes

a possible quick fix, may not work because of source|load order,  at the bottom of your product templates:

<style>
.html5-video-player:not(.ytp-transparent), .html5-video-player.unstarted-mode, .html5-video-player.ad-interrupting, .html5-video-player.ended-mode, .html5-video-player.ytp-fullscreen {
background-color: white;
}
</style>

Always backup your theme before making suggested changes

Make a note that you've made this change.

Unfortunately youtube also is applying a gradient which really is neccesary to keep parts of youtube title and other UI from dissappearing due to poorer contrast because of the bad width /shrug. Can't really dig in deeper the html from youtube embeds has gotten ridiculous.

As zac said check youtube support, and your youtube account settings for background width.

May want to post an example of the embed code. forums insert code snippet button is next to the source button.

Also  mention if you are using any type of app to manage video embeds or customization to your minimal theme.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
25 0 0

Thanks for the input. Its tedious work, I went to Vimeo and the thumbnails looks better. It's 100% a youtube problem. Which sucks because I have spent hours with these videos. If it doesn't change, I will have to switch to Vimeo. Not looking forward to that either... oh well

0 Likes