Help! we're sinking, is it time to give up?

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Everyone, I've had my Shopify store, Natural at Home, for a few years now https://naturalathome.com.au/

and given im the sole worker here and set up the whole website as well through Shopify I would love some honest feedback on how you think we could improve anything from Branding, SEO and product pages OR Anything you've noticed that's not working, not structured correctly or out of place and confusing . Read a million articles on what I think can help us improve and really no improvement on organic search traffic, it's getting worse every month and I may have done more damage with tweaking the wrong things. My main source of traffic used to come from Facebook before they changed to a less favorable algorithm and links i've placed in Gumtree (Australian Online Classifieds Platform), although I'd much rather good organic Google traffic. Any help would be much appreciated :) Thank you

1 Like
Explorer
67 3 22

Hey Tommy,

It seems like your site is set up well and you have a nice product offering.  Given you have a relatively small number of SKUs, have you considered just listing your furniture on sites like Craigslist or other marketplaces to help drive traffic?

SEO can take a bit of time to pay off and can be challenging for high-price, low volume items.

Good luck!

Entaice

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
1 Like
Excursionist
32 0 4

Hey @Tommy80

I don't know much about how you could improving SEO or website design, BUT, I just wanted to say that I really, really like your products and your niche.

I hope someone here can help you out because It would be a real shame if you discontinued selling these beautiful pieces of furniture.

There is 110% a market for it!

Good luck!

Kodi

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Entaice, thanks, yes I think that may really help with other market places to help drive traffic....is that the same as backlinks? I agree on the SEO effort, it's always going to be low-mid volume of items as well given the nature of what we do, so that makes sense. Thanks for your input :)

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Cheers Codi! I know I feel it too, I love doing what I do but need some improvement - Cheers for the encouragement

0 Likes

Hi Tommy

Having worked on come ecom brands down in Oz, here are my thoughts.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. I would tweak the font under Bring Your Home To Life....pretty large text and off putting

4. Read up on how to 10x your category pages with SEO. Flexing and making your category pages stronger would be a great way to win at SEO

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Until I hovered over your product images, didn't know there were other images I could look at. I would look at making this more intuitive for your visitors

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

3. Don't have the product description be bold on the page. Makes it harder to read

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks DuaneBrown thanks for your tips, I can implement all those myself so happy to do as you suggested and very helpful. The only one I will have trouble with is the customer reviews. Because all the products are one of a kind, the review won't stay on a product once I hide the sold ones, so there is nothing a customer can reference. However ill see if I can somehow get reviews for categories or some other soloution. At the moment Ive only got our reviews page but ill see how I can get around this.....Any solutions?

0 Likes

@Tommy80 wrote:

Thanks DuaneBrown thanks for your tips, I can implement all those myself so happy to do as you suggested and very helpful. The only one I will have trouble with is the customer reviews. Because all the products are one of a kind, the review won't stay on a product once I hide the sold ones, so there is nothing a customer can reference. However ill see if I can somehow get reviews for categories or some other soloution. At the moment Ive only got our reviews page but ill see how I can get around this.....Any solutions?

You can collection reviews and just display them on your homepage as well. Most of our clients use Yopto for collecting reviews. You can also look at linking to Google Reviews, if customers leave a review there.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
442 19 51

Hey @Tommy80 

I congratulate you for coming up with such an ingenious idea. Really you have a wonderful store. You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. 

By adding this to your store you will be able to increase the conversion rate and customer base and also will increase the customer retention rate.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks for the Tips AiTrillion

0 Likes