I’ve had my Shopify site for 5 months, but I still haven’t made a sale.
I had a really basic site with one of the free start ups and was getting sales, but move to Shopify so that I could join Facebook, instagram and afterpay all together.
I sell quite well on eBay, etsy and even Facebook. I’m Ellington the same products.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
my store is www.prontolaser.com.au
Hi @Kfmurphy1 welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Add a set of high resolution landing images with a sliding feature banner images are important as they decide the theme of the website. Also, the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
4. Provide Clear navigation list out various sections of your site and link to them, this will help visitors with an overall understanding of the content you offer. Ensure every image has other 3-4 images with different angles which will help the customer to get a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
5. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site.
6. Engage the audience by writing a blog getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations, and build credibility. Also, the customer will think that you are the most knowledgeable person and will look up to you for further knowledge.
7. Collecting customer feedback shows you value their opinions. By asking your clients for feedback you communicate that their opinion is important to you. You involve them in shaping your business so they feel more attached to the company. Listening to their voice helps you create stronger relations with them.
8. A wishlist allows shoppers to create personalized collections of products they want to buy and save them in their user account for future reference.
9. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
Hi @Kfmurphy1 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Firstly, I would like to recommend t change the theme of the store. Now it looks not organized and unprofessional. Your homepage should include the following:
1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool.
4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
Add following functionality:
5. Think more and change About us page - it does not sound interesting.
6. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
7. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
10. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
12. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
13. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.